YSL Solferino

poulinska

Aug 27, 2018
Hey there,
does anyone own the YSL Solferino? I like the brown suede version, it has a nice 70ies vibe, i think.
Any opinions?
Has anyone seen it IRL?

Thank you
poulinska

Hey there,
does anyone own the YSL Solferino? I like the brown suede version, it has a nice 70ies vibe, i think.
Any opinions?
Has anyone seen it IRL?

Thank you
poulinska
Hi i have seen the leather ones in real life. They are very structured and the leather looks thick, firm and well made. Because of the structure, it might be limited in what it fits inside, however there are a few different sizes in the bag. I don't think you can go wrong with the style, it can be worn on the shoulder, cross body, is simply and classic, but the YSL logo still makes it stand out. It's on the more expensive side though compared to other YSL bags in that similar size.

I've looked at it in the store, back when stores were open. I like the leather, the form an I like the structure. The shoulder strap is very short so it is only for crossbody-wear if you don't mind it being pretty high on your body. I felt the strap in general didn't look good enough for the price so I passed.

Reactions: Mei90
I've looked at it in the store, back when stores were open. I like the leather, the form an I like the structure. The shoulder strap is very short so it is only for crossbody-wear if you don't mind it being pretty high on your body. I felt the strap in general didn't look good enough for the price so I passed.
\
hi , may i know your height?
i'm 155cm, would it be too short?
or do you think the strap is not good quality

Hi Minie26,
the strap could be perfect for you. I am 165cm and it would be ok to wear crossbody but a little high.
IMO the strap wasn't convincing for the price. buuuut - the bag is beautiful...

Hi Minie26,
the strap could be perfect for you. I am 165cm and it would be ok to wear crossbody but a little high.
IMO the strap wasn't convincing for the price. buuuut - the bag is beautiful...

Thank you for letting me know, i have the YSL Carre,
The strap length is quite okay for me maybe because i am shorter.
I really like this Solferino in medium black..
What color were you looking at and considering before?
Do you think the YSL logo is too big? I saw some comment saying the logo is too big and they were put off by it

I considered the black suede and since we are talking about it, I'm thinking about it again. When I tried it on, I immediately had this 70s-vibe.
I mean, a logo is a logo. Either you wear a logo or you don't. Even a small YSL-Logo is readable. Personally I liked the YSL Logo on the solferino... It isn't flashy in my opinion...

I considered the black suede and since we are talking about it, I'm thinking about it again. When I tried it on, I immediately had this 70s-vibe.
I mean, a logo is a logo. Either you wear a logo or you don't. Even a small YSL-Logo is readable. Personally I liked the YSL Logo on the solferino... It isn't flashy in my opinion...

Thank you. That's true..
I do like the suede in tan... It a little different than the full leather version. I like that it looks slim and soft and not bulky but still structured? So chic and casual i feel

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: victoroliveira