YSL Small Loulou Bag vs Loewe Small Puzzle Bag

YSL Small Loulou Bag vs Loewe Small Puzzle Bag

• Total voters

lilswtangel

Dec 9, 2019
I'm conflicted, I absolutely love my YSL small LouLou in dark beige and have considered getting another in the blanc vintage. However, I've also been obsessed with the Loewe small Puzzle shoulder bag in tan. I've read/seen rave reviews about the puzzle bag leather being gorgeous (comparable to Hermes leather), is understated and everything about the shape appeals to me. The Puzzle bag is the more expensive of the two (not by much) but it makes my heart sing whereas the small loulou is my favourite of all the bags I own.

What are your thoughts? Should I stick with the safe option (the YSL Loulou) because I'm familiar with it or take the plunge and try something new? Unfortunately, we don't have a Loewe store here in New Zealand so I can't try it out in person.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 170257.png

Screenshot 2023-03-21 170226.png

I’m voting for the puzzle bag but it’s only because when I’ve bought bags in multiples I often get bored with the bag or like take it for granted if that makes sense haha. If you have a light colored lou lou, it might feel repetitive. I guess my exception would be having a dark and a light. With that said, the puzzle bag is not my vibe but I know it’s a well adored bag and you are feeling excited about it, so I think that’s the one to get and enjoy.

Reactions: earthygirl
Hands down the Puzzle! It is a bag that will be in heavy rotation. It’s so comfortable to carry, carefree and yes, the leather is so luxe and comparable to H leather. The aesthetic of both bags are very different, obviously, so there’s that. While the loulou can be dressed up and down, the small puzzle is a casual bag imo. The Loewe puzzle grew on me, but it’s the one bag that my collection would be incomplete without. I would even go as far as saying that it‘s the most used style of all the bags I own.

If you already have a small Loulou, I'd get the puzzle bag. I think it is very versatile and also nicer to have 2 different bag styles than 2 different colors of the same bag.

I have both and I vote puzzle hands down!!! It’s such a great bag and the leather is amazing when it slouches it’s gorgeous! Super comfortable on the shoulder. The reason I got it is because no one has it. The ysl everyone has and lost are fakes. Don’t get me wrong I love my Loulou it’s a favorite bag but the puzzle is just unique.

Reactions: earthygirl