YSL Sale Madness (NEED HELP!!)

sam22479

Jun 20, 2008
I have about, oh, four hours to make a decision between

Black Downtown in Deerskin (medium) -- $589!
-or-
Black Large Downtown -- around $1250 (already got from Bluefly with the extra 10% off last weekend, have 90 days to return)

The catch: I really wanted the Black Large Downtown, but it is a $550 difference. I *do* like the deerskin, but I was originally thinking of this as an every day work bag (the kind I could *occasionally* throw my MacBook in although not daily). Also, should I be concerned that model is discontinued?

To complicate the math: I could get a large raspali tote for $479 in the black "croc" patent...that one could be a good work bag. So I could pretty much get the deerskin AND the Raspali for the price of the black large downtown.

Somebody please help me I think my brain fried. :sad:
Thanks

Last edited:
ohno i missed the extra 10% off!

my opinion
i like the black croc patent (i have the MUSE OS in that) AND the deerskin GET THOSE.....
you will get the black downtown later at the outlets for less....try them!

i know how you feel
i got that YRIS for 269 and the mini raffia for 379 for the price of a higher one
GO FOR IT!

That was my instinct too *phew* (deep breaths).... I'm sorry you missed the 10%, but if there is anything you want at the Cabazon outlet they are having a 30% further discount July 4th weekend BUT they are PRE-SELLING the bags now (!!!)-- which means you buy them over the phone now and they will be shipped (or you can pick up) that weekend. So with tax AND shipping, that's how much the deerskin was. They *maybe* have one left, plus other stuff.

Hmm, from the math perspective, definitely go with "TWO" bags. Plus, you're still getting a downtown (just in different size)...

I love the black croc patent...IMO, you shouldn't miss it. (and I think it would be a great work bag.) :yes:

Thanks ladies! Has anyone had any experience carrying a laptop in the deerskin downtown? It seems obviously not a good idea to do daily, but just curious...

Here's the thing, you CAN do it, and you can do it daily. Put a hardback book on the bottom of the downtown to structure the bottom (it is about the size of a bestseller!) THen you can put anything you want in it without fear of it getting all stretched out of shape...:smile:

Melissa Ann: YAY!! Thank you!! That is very good news. :smile:

Ihasalover: Yesterday Paul at outlet said they have one in pony hair (not sure which color cuz I wasn't interested). I would give them a call though, and especially next weekend maybe they will have more in as the YSL boutique sales end.