YSL Raspail Croc-Embossed Tote in Red - YAY or NAY?

shazam

Jul 22, 2007
For me, personally, I'd pass because I only like the croc embossed patent in black or navy. It's actually a pretty luxe lambskin patent, but in red I think it tends to take on more of a plastic-y look. Also, it does tend to attract scratches which aren't very noticeable on the black, but I'm not sure how well the red would handle the scratches.

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
I just ordered one, via a friend, and am looking forward to receiving it! Red was on sale and I think it will be a wonderful bag for year round, of course! I love a chic red bag with a nuetral outfit.

few823

Obsessed
Nov 22, 2007
Washington DC
I ordered this from Neimans as well. I received it and loved it - the bag itself is really pretty. I did, however, end up returning it. The straps were too short to fit up on the shoulder comfortably and my plan was to use it was a laptop/work tote. So the whole handheld thing wasn't going to work out for me...

Pandora11

Jul 2, 2008
The size is a tad too big for look-at-me color. It'd be nice for a small to medium purse. Personally, I'd choose black or deep caramel brown :smile:

C_24

-Claus-
O.G.
May 26, 2007
Frankfurt
Have you felt the material yet? I like how it looks, but it feels so thin and plasticky, actually even a bit cheap. I had to decide between this and the Canvas version of the Raspail and went with the latter because the material just didn't feel right.

IFFAH

"..."
Jan 22, 2006
I :heart: red bags and it's fine to carry them everyday. But, I'm not a fan of raspail in red, prefer in black/navy.