ysl purse wears and tears question.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    This is my first ysl purse. I was expecting the leather to be pretty good where scratches can happen but not chip off. Is it normal? Is anyone ysl purses like this?

Thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459119371.317880.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459119382.078625.jpg

2. #2 Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    Oh no! How long have you used it? I have the same purse, but no problems yet since I've only used it a few times.

3. Ugh.....it happened some years ago that a particular batch f bubble leather Besace bags were tearing like this ...some girls had the problem, some (like me) never had it with that same Besace...now I see the same with this bag....no it is not supposed to be happening, I hope you can return it and claim your money back

4. I bought it in October 2015. I do not use any of my premier designer purses on a daily basis, only on special occasions. I believed I took this out a total of 6 times since October.

5. Definitely take it back to the store and try to get your money back or a new bag. I'm worried now about my bag. I would be so upset if this happened.

Good luck and I hope you get a new one!!!

6. This looks awful, im sorry you are experiencing this but im not surprised.
    I commented on quality in another thread of this style and color of bag, I think it has something to do with the coloring process with the leather quality.

During the May sale last year there were several colored bags on sale in this style, during this time I noticed that most of the floor models looked awful. Deep scratches and chips even though the bags were floor models the bad quality seemed very excessive. Based on the wear factor I was under the impression the colored models were on sale because they were somehow defective. Also, a sales rep at Bergdorf advised me not to get the bag. She didnt say why she just stated you do not want that style of bag. I ended up getting a non-seasonal (beige) color from Saks and have not had any issues.

I hope you make out and get your money back.
    I wouldnt even want a replacement, go for the refund!

7. Ysl has the worst customer service

8. This happened to my SDJ bag. Return it!

9. This is really worrying. Does it only happen to certain leathers!? I would return it too.