YSL price increase

I think it was FWRD by Elyse Walker but then I think FWRD spun off and then Elyse Walker created anotger site. I'm not positive though. Elyse Walker is a legit site with some physical stores but I have never ordered from them in person or online. The only other small boutiques that I know of that sell YSL bags--but I have never ordered from--are The Webster and Mitchell Stores. The Webster is slow about marking prices up but don't have a lot of items and I think they have a 1st customer discount as well. Not sure about Mitchell Stores.
Thank you! I’ll check those too.
I know Farfetch had a code we could use when we checked out as guests but I can’t remember which.
Will also try Matches Fashion, Luisaviaroma and Mytheresa.
Ugh, the discount expedition continues… :giggle:

Happy new year! I know how it is, especially with the recent price increases! Yeesh they have been tough!
You can try messaging or calling FWRD customer care and see if they will send you a new customer promo code or maybe even honor the 15% discount around Christmas since you missed that sale. Wost they can say is no. I called them before about something different once and they have very good customer service so I think it is worth reaching out to them.
Right now there's only 1 YSL bag that I'm really really wanting but I am trying to hold off on that one or anything else until I can get a much bigger discount--will see if that happens though. Will try to keep you in mind if I run across an especially stellar deal.
Subscribe to SaksOff5th. They periodically have Saint Laurent specific sales (last seen in Nay and around Black Friday). I’ve seen the camera bag discounted. I purchased a medium envelope nearly $1k cheaper than Saint Laurent store.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
Subscribe to SaksOff5th. They periodically have Saint Laurent specific sales (last seen in Nay and around Black Friday). I’ve seen the camera bag discounted. I purchased a medium envelope nearly $1k cheaper than Saint Laurent store.
Oh, yes. I love Saks Off 5th. I've been ordering from them for years and used to go to their stores too (not so much now). They do have some great deals sometimes. I've scored some nice bags from them throughout the years. I'll keep an eye out for any new YSL arrivals. Thanks for the reminder. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: crestfallen2983
Mini Lou is $1550 on Saks now? I swear a few years ago I got mine after Thanksgiving for $890. :huh: :sad: :confused1:
These prices are going up faster than we can say STOP. It’s a nightmare.
I remember when the Lou Camera bag was $1150. Now it’s $1690. And it will keep going up.

And the worst part is I am most probably going to get one soon.
Because as pricey as it is now, it is not as insane as most other designer bag prices atm.
I mean, $1350 for a Chloe Marcie Mini (with what little it fits) and $2190 for a Marcie Small? $1450 for a slouchy Givenchy mini pandora? And $2500 for a Balenciaga Le Cagole? Even the Gucci Soho Disco is already $1490 with no calfskin leather quilting or hardware logo.

So, in comparison, I think some of these Lous are somewhat still worth it.

The only good thing is that our pre-loved YSL items will do better in the resale market now (or here’s hoping).

These prices are going up faster than we can say STOP. It’s a nightmare.
I remember when the Lou Camera bag was $1150. Now it’s $1690. And it will keep going up.

And the worst part is I am most probably going to get one soon.
Because as pricey as it is now, it is not as insane as most other designer bag prices atm.
I mean, $1350 for a Chloe Marcie Mini (with what little it fits) and $2190 for a Marcie Small? $1450 for a slouchy Givenchy mini pandora? And $2500 for a Balenciaga Le Cagole? Even the Gucci Soho Disco is already $1490 with no calfskin leather quilting or hardware logo.

So, in comparison, I think some of these Lous are somewhat still worth it.

The only good thing is that our pre-loved YSL items will do better in the resale market now (or here’s hoping).
That's how much I paid for my camera bag.

As May is almost coming up (just a few days away from March), I've decided to splurge a bit on a few Saint Laurent pieces before we're hit with any potential price increases.

I've caved and bought a Medium Sunset bag with top handle in Nor GHW that's been on my wishlist for years. I was debating to get that vs the Small LouLou bag in Nero GHW but ultimately decided on the Sunset to vary up my collection (already own a small LouLou in Dark Beige).

As May is almost coming up (just a few days away from March), I've decided to splurge a bit on a few Saint Laurent pieces before we're hit with any potential price increases.

I've caved and bought a Medium Sunset bag with top handle in Nor GHW that's been on my wishlist for years. I was debating to get that vs the Small LouLou bag in Nero GHW but ultimately decided on the Sunset to vary up my collection (already own a small LouLou in Dark Beige).
I am planning to buy the black hardware medium sunset before the next price increase. I bought one before the last price increase but they sent me a scuffed bag.

Do they usually do price increase every May?

I am planning to buy the black hardware medium sunset before the next price increase. I bought one before the last price increase but they sent me a scuffed bag.

Do they usually do price increase every May?
I too received a defective medium envelope from YSL. Wondering why they don’t do a good quality check before dispatching online orders.

For the price increase they did in May and October last year.
Does anyone know when its due for this year in US?

Did they just do a price increase? On the Saks website it looks like some bags went up. For example, the mini loulou is $1,990. Maybe it has been that way for awhile and I just hadn't noticed...ugh