YSL price increase

It's a supply and demand thing... economy has taught us that high demand bring prices down but in order to maintain the luxury status including exclusivity and scarcity, demand must appear to be low to keep prices high, so up prices go. Luxury brands want us to buy bags and they also don't want us to buy bags...

It's a supply and demand thing... economy has taught us that high demand bring prices down but in order to maintain the luxury status including exclusivity and scarcity, demand must appear to be low to keep prices high, so up prices go. Luxury brands want us to buy bags and they also don't want us to buy bags...

I assume it has more to do so with the weak pound/euro and strong dollar and price elasticity studies

Hey guys, I don't tend to post much but was browsing net a porter in the UK and saw that some of the YSL SLG's in the new colours are listed at a higher price. I couldn't see anything on the forums about a price increase so thought I would post this to a). warn you guys the prices might be going up and b). so that hopefully one of you can reassure me I am not going crazy ;) Is there going to be a price increase? Net-a-porter UK seem to think so

I think there has been a second price increase. I just went to order a Lou Camera from Saks (Canada)- in November (when I should have purchased it!) it was $1490, then after Christmas it was $1675 and now it’s $1892.

that is ridiculous to raise the price of a camera bag $400 in 5 months with 2 price increases.
It makes me not want the bag anymore.

Hello fellow bag lovers! My YSL boutique that is closest to me opened up this week so of course I had to go in and check out some bags I have been eying. Just wanted to let you guys know that my sales associate told me on the 15th of June YSL will be having a price increase.
ohhhhh noooo! is it on all bags or just select items?

Also wanted to chime in to say thanks. A relatively new user! Welcome.

Going to hold off into the first week of June to see if a sale pops up US/Canada side. If not, will just buy a wallet I've been eyeing to get in before the planned increase. OP's report is much appreciated.

You can see it on some bags already from different sites in the EU. Mini lou was €895 and same one I got a few months ago is now €950. Some medium college bags have gone up €90 from €1790 to €1880. I could be wrong but expecting these kind of increases.

Hello fellow bag lovers! My YSL boutique that is closest to me opened up this week so of course I had to go in and check out some bags I have been eying. Just wanted to let you guys know that my sales associate told me on the 15th of June YSL will be having a price increase.
Thanks for the info, guess i'll have to pop in before the price increase. At least YSL price increases won't be as ridiculous as what Chanel has done recently, with an apparent 20% increase on items. Can't believe Chanel would be so greedy during the Covid Pandemic where literally thousands are dying and millions have contracted coronavirus.

Last edited: