YSL or LV

Which to but

• Go with LV

• Go with YSL

Results are only viewable after voting.

MiDreamBags

Jun 2, 2020
I want to get a nice classic bag but not sure which Of this two to get first.

Attachments

• BC7C44E1-6DD3-44C4-9B36-1FE367140C0C.jpeg
    BC7C44E1-6DD3-44C4-9B36-1FE367140C0C.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 271
  • 5D026657-6FA9-4B23-842A-5664AFA9EE93.jpeg
    5D026657-6FA9-4B23-842A-5664AFA9EE93.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: KMA83
If you're not sure, the best rule I give myself is to sit on my hands. Really. Something else will come along that makes me sure I want it. Also, you can look at some Youtube reviews of what others say about what they like, and why.

Second, I echo the others that the LV damier ebene canvas will be more durable than the soft, squishy YSL Loulou. LV also has great repair and customer service policy.

Thirdly, LV usually has better resale value if you tire of something or it no longer fits your lifestyle. It also never goes on sale, which is a pro or a con, depending (pro = more value is retained if you need to resell, con = you won't find it on sale unless you hunt for pre-loved.)

Ditto above.

LV bag service is better than Saint Laurent. Did you know if you purchase a bag in store at Saint Laurent, there are no returns only store credit. Yet online purchases can be returned.

I find YSL bags to be trendier. The Alma bag has been around for decades.

I did recently purchase a YSL pouch to use as a clutch given a great price point for a leather piece. I found YSL poudre leather on par with LV epi leather on terms of durability.

Check out reviews for YSL in Saint Laurent forum as you will likely find great encouragement for LV here.

Reactions: resplendent
Ditto above.

LV bag service is better than Saint Laurent. Did you know if you purchase a bag in store at Saint Laurent, there are no returns only store credit. Yet online purchases can be returned.

I find YSL bags to be trendier. The Alma bag has been around for decades.

I did recently purchase a YSL pouch to use as a clutch given a great price point for a leather piece. I found YSL poudre leather on par with LV epi leather on terms of durability.

Check out reviews for YSL in Saint Laurent forum as you will likely find great encouragement for LV here.
Yay! I also own several LV pieces, but am starting to venture out into YSL also. Just purchased a compact wallet through an SA (I try to give them credit/commissions since 95% of the time I prefer shopping in-person, but stores are unfortunately still closed to the public in my city), and I'm literally looking at one of their mini Lou cameras because LV pochettes are so limited right now, and other brands in the same size range are exorbitantly priced. I didn't know that the return/store credit policy difference existed compared to online shopping. My SA did tell me that YSL will provide "reasonable" repair service internationally for 2 years...but LV repair service is usually longer than that. The YSL pieces I look at feature the poudre grained leather.

Edit: I found your reveal posts... :heart::biggrin:

Last edited:
Yay! I also own several LV pieces, but am starting to venture out into YSL also. Just purchased a compact wallet through an SA (I try to give them credit/commissions since 95% of the time I prefer shopping in-person, but stores are unfortunately still closed to the public in my city), and I'm literally looking at one of their mini Lou cameras because LV pochettes are so limited right now, and other brands in the same size range are exorbitantly priced. I didn't know that the return/store credit policy difference existed compared to online shopping. My SA did tell me that YSL will provide "reasonable" repair service internationally for 2 years...but LV repair service is usually longer than that. The YSL pieces I look at feature the poudre grained leather.

Edit: I found your reveal posts... :heart::biggrin:

:flowers:

personally I’m not a fan of the puffy look. I do like YSL college bag.

Reactions: resplendent
I think your responses will be skewed, since this question is in the LV forum. I own the Loulou, and it it a fantastic bag! The calfskin is incredibly durable, and I prefer a solid neutral leather to printed canvas.