YSL or LV mens wallet?

LV or YSL

• Total voters

viktrcoim

Aug 24, 2019
Hi!

I'm looking forward to buy a new bifold wallet (8 card slots) and I'm considering a lot of brands, but in this case I have a major doubt between LV and YSL.
I'm not trying to decide based on price, I'm looking for something more classic, elegant and masculine.
Here are one option for LV (slender model) and below the model I liked from YSL.
Could you help me to decide?

louis-vuitton-slender-wallet-monogram-eclipse-canvas-small-leather-goods--M62294_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

louis-vuitton--N63261_PM1_Interior%20view.jpg
12184104_10335070_1000.jpg
12184104_10335072_1000.jpg

Reactions: jimmie staton
I vote LV > YSL but I have to say, the LV slender wallet has two flaps. It’s a bit difficult to explain, but over time those flaps (without careful usage) will start to bend. I would recommend getting the multiple instead. Have you gone down in store to see and have a feel?

I vote LV > YSL but I have to say, the LV slender wallet has two flaps. It’s a bit difficult to explain, but over time those flaps (without careful usage) will start to bend. I would recommend getting the multiple instead. Have you gone down in store to see and have a feel?
Thank you for the reply.
Yeah I have been in a store nearby to have a feel. I noticed that there are two flaps instead of two spaces for money/bill. I didn't imagine that could bend over time.
The problem with multiple is that only comes with 5 or 6 slots for cards and Slender comes with 8.

Reactions: whyohhjay
Have you considered the long wallet ? It's very elegant and you can wear it in your breast pocket of your jacket, or in a bag, or even just in your hand like a clutch. I am a man and I have a few long wallets because of the elegance factor when you pull it out to take out paper money and/or credit card. I have the Thom Browne long wallet in black, the Louis Vuitton Epi leather long wallet in black and now the Gucci Marmont Long wallet in chocolate brown. I usually carry in a portfolio by and with their perspective designer, i.e, my Thom Browne wallet in my Thom Browne portfolio, Gucci Marmont wallet in my Gucci Supreme Patch Courier portfolio... etc. Long wallets don't bend at the flap as easy as the short billfold. Also, the long wallets have two or more bill compartments and more than eight card slots. You don't get the bulk when you have your wallet in your back or front pocket, it stays streamline and hidden until you take it out, no matter how much money you can fit in it. Also, it looks so cool when you pull out a long wallet from your tailored suit jacket or portfolio or tote bag.
"J!m"

Reactions: viktrcoim
Thank you for the reply.
Yeah I have been in a store nearby to have a feel. I noticed that there are two flaps instead of two spaces for money/bill. I didn't imagine that could bend over time.
The problem with multiple is that only comes with 5 or 6 slots for cards and Slender comes with 8.

Have you considered other brands then? Jim also makes a valid point!

Have you considered the long wallet ? It's very elegant and you can wear it in your breast pocket of your jacket, or in a bag, or even just in your hand like a clutch. I am a man and I have a few long wallets because of the elegance factor when you pull it out to take out paper money and/or credit card. I have the Thom Browne long wallet in black, the Louis Vuitton Epi leather long wallet in black and now the Gucci Marmont Long wallet in chocolate brown. I usually carry in a portfolio by and with their perspective designer, i.e, my Thom Browne wallet in my Thom Browne portfolio, Gucci Marmont wallet in my Gucci Supreme Patch Courier portfolio... etc. Long wallets don't bend at the flap as easy as the short billfold. Also, the long wallets have two or more bill compartments and more than eight card slots. You don't get the bulk when you have your wallet in your back or front pocket, it stays streamline and hidden until you take it out, no matter how much money you can fit in it. Also, it looks so cool when you pull out a long wallet from your tailored suit jacket or portfolio or tote bag.
"J!m"
Also, look at the YSL Monogram Continental smooth or grained Long Wallet and the YSL Le Poudre embossed leather long wallet... very elegant. And the Louis Vuitton Epi leather long wallet in Black and the Louis Vuitton Brazza long wallet long in all black. (there's many different styles at LV to choose from, there's super bold and super sublime...Super elegant as well.
"J!m"

I got my SO a Dior Bee wallet recently!
Also, look at the YSL Monogram Continental smooth or grained Long Wallet and the YSL Le Poudre embossed leather long wallet... very elegant. And the Louis Vuitton Epi leather long wallet in Black and the Louis Vuitton Brazza long wallet long in all black. (there's many different styles at LV to choose from, there's super bold and super sublime...Super elegant as well.
"J!m"

I got my SO a Dior Bee wallet recently and I kind of need validation because I personally don’t really like the leather but he likes the Bee wallet as it’s kind of understated :smile:

I got my SO a Dior Bee wallet recently!

I got my SO a Dior Bee wallet recently and I kind of need validation because I personally don’t really like the leather but he likes the Bee wallet as it’s kind of understated :smile:
Nice get... I do understand about being understated with a wallet. The YSL Le Poudre embossed leather long wallet might work for you... it is still in your choice for YSL and the black leather with black monogram is sleek and understated... or the LV Epi long wallet for the texture. Check them out online and tell me your thoughts... there's more that I saw that can and will work for you.
"J!m"

Reactions: whyohhjay
Hi!

I'm looking forward to buy a new bifold wallet (8 card slots) and I'm considering a lot of brands, but in this case I have a major doubt between LV and YSL.
I'm not trying to decide based on price, I'm looking for something more classic, elegant and masculine.
Here are one option for LV (slender model) and below the model I liked from YSL.

louis-vuitton-slender-wallet-monogram-eclipse-canvas-small-leather-goods--M62294_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

Hi!

Nice get... I do understand about being understated with a wallet. The YSL Le Poudre embossed leather long wallet might work for you... it is still in your choice for YSL and the black leather with black monogram is sleek and understated... or the LV Epi long wallet for the texture. Check them out online and tell me your thoughts... there's more that I saw that can and will work for you.
"J!m"
If I had to chose from the two wallets shown... I would go with the LV. I apologize for pushing my style on you.
"J!m"

"J!m"
That is a very good pov about long wallets. I haven't thought with that perspective. I'll go to the mall in order to have a feel with some long wallets. What I think it's about a daily use. I usually work using paints and a social shirt only and when I go out for lunch I'm looking for something that fits in my pocket and can also have space for cards, ID, etc.
I'll talk a look and come back here with my impression.
Regards.

That is a very good pov about long wallets. I haven't thought with that perspective. I'll go to the mall in order to have a feel with some long wallets. What I think it's about a daily use. I usually work using paints and a social shirt only and when I go out for lunch I'm looking for something that fits in my pocket and can also have space for cards, ID, etc.
I'll talk a look and come back here with my impression.
Regards.
Oh, in that case... get the LV... and when you go out, use the long wallet... it's a life changer and a game changer. Your Swag value increases... lol. Will you have a hard time at work justifying a LV wallet? Folks can get pretty petty when it comes to you wanting to do you and what you do with your money.
"J!m"

Oh, in that case... get the LV... and when you go out, use the long wallet... it's a life changer and a game changer. Your Swag value increases... lol. Will you have a hard time at work justifying a LV wallet? Folks can get pretty petty when it comes to you wanting to do you and what you do with your money.
"J!m"
I ended up buying the LV slender. So beautiful, guess I'm I love with this wallet lol.
The thing you've said about being hard to justify a LV wallet, I guess I'm prepared to.. People are really annoying with those things, but if they prefer spend all the money buying alcohol and party.. That's not my problem :P