The Saint Laurent YSL College Bag Thread

Can someone tell me how long this bag has been around? I asked the sales person today at the YSL boutique in SF and she said many years! Is this true? Has it really been around for 10+ years?

For those who have owned it for a while, are you still happy with your purchase? Any regrets. Thinking of getting the medium as I like the longer strap but I'm concerned the bag is too small to carry sunglasses, wallet etc.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me how long this bag has been around? I asked the sales person today at the YSL boutique in SF and she said many years! Is this true? Has it really been around for 10+ years?

For those who have owned it for a while, are you still happy with your purchase? Any regrets. Thinking of getting the medium as I like the longer strap but I'm concerned the bag is too small to carry sunglasses, wallet etc.

Thanks!
UOTE="KensingtonUK, post: 31109725, member: 497827"]Can someone tell me how long this bag has been around? I asked the sales person today at the YSL boutique in SF and she said many years! Is this true? Has it really been around for 10+ years?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Hello, i have this bag in medium size. I don't think it's been around for many years, but someone with more knowledge can confirm that.
As far as the size is concerned, as you mentioned the basics you want to carry, it's perfect for that. I have been using mine almost all through the last year and couldn't be happier with it.
A big big plus for me is the large back slip pocket, perfect for any size phone, so so convenient to not open and close the bag every time you have to answer your phone or use it.
The longer chain which is so chunky and subtle at the same time, was the drawing factor for me to this style and size .and it is as good as when i bought it, very well made.I didn't go for the large size as it is prone to lose it's shape and stretch more over time, from what i researched.
I just loveee mine.
Hope that helps

IMG_1491531752.150553.jpg
Hi everyone somehow my PurseForum app keeps crashing so I didn't get to see the replies for awhile. This is how my college bag looks like after I've shorten the strap by 10cm. It sits perfectly on my hips when it's carried crossbody. I'm not sure if the leather will soften after sometime. I had this bag for 10 months but I think I've only used it for less than 10 time. [emoji23]

View attachment 3659377
Hi everyone somehow my PurseForum app keeps crashing so I didn't get to see the replies for awhile. This is how my college bag looks like after I've shorten the strap by 10cm. It sits perfectly on my hips when it's carried crossbody. I'm not sure if the leather will soften after sometime. I had this bag for 10 months but I think I've only used it for less than 10 time. [emoji23]

Looks so nice on you! Is this the medium or large? It almost looks like a large but perhaps it's your petite frame? (Jealous!!)

Curious but why have you only worn it 10 times? Are you not impressed with the bag? Any regrets purchasing it?

I have the large college in dove white and I absolutely love it. I have other bags I wear cross body so I don't need a longer strap on this one.

I might look at a Bandoulière strap but I haven't seen any YSL ones.

Mine is still fairly unused but the front keeps its shape well. The back is a little creased but not mishaped. I believe the sides may soften over time. It's not happened to mine though.

Looks so nice on you! Is this the medium or large? It almost looks like a large but perhaps it's your petite frame? (Jealous!!)

Curious but why have you only worn it 10 times? Are you not impressed with the bag? Any regrets purchasing it?

This is the medium size.
I only get to use this bag when I'm out catching up with my friends without my two young ones. I use my balenciaga bag for work hence that's explains why I don't get much use out of it. [emoji12]

Someone asked about this in deep marine. I recently bought 1 in deep marine and I have to say its absolutely stunning. This colour is more sophisticated and better complements the silver aged chains. That deep blue actually makes the silver 'pops'. Black for this is more dull.

Attachments

• 20170412_161223.jpg
    20170412_161223.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,932
  • 20170412_161249.jpg
    20170412_161249.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,939
  • 20170411_203544.jpg
    20170411_203544.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,929
But I'm just wondering if I bought the college bag too late. I only bought it last week.. am wondering if it'll go out of style soon..

I don't think so. I just started liking it a few months ago. When I first saw it I didn't know it had been out for a while. I find it to be a classic and think the college version compared to the type that has the chains coming out of the rivets to be less likely to go out of style. Think of how long Chanel chain bags have been in style

Reactions: MBLove