YSL Muse Two or Goyard Fidji?

tasche

Jun 2, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I need your help. I am totally confused!

There's a black medium YSL Muse Two in black patent with the pony hair flap on sale at the boutique for USD850.00, and I am sooo tempted to buy it. But I had that cash tucked away for a Goyard Fidji purchase in Black and Tan (which is roughly the same price).

I already have a YSL Muse Two in Bronze (Large), which I absolutely adore, but the price on the pony hair one is just making me lose sleep! I argue that I can always get the Goyard Fidji some other day, as Goyard never goes on sale anyway. On the other hand, I already have a Muse Two and don't own a Goyard yet.

I had the YSL pony hair put on hold until tomorrow, so I have 24 hours to decide on what to do.:nuts:

I have posted a pic of the YSL Muse Two with pony hair (the pic is of a large Muse while I am thinking of getting the medium) and the Goyard fidji for reference.

I really need your help! Do let me know what to do! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Muse two pony.jpg
    Muse two pony.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 346
  • goyard fidji black tan.jpg
    goyard fidji black tan.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 487
I have a feeling the Pony Hair Muse Two will go on sale eventually so you could hang on and get the Goyard first. I normally wouldn't buy 2 bags of the same design unless I got one at an amazing price.

Thanks for your thoughts, Aurora. The pony hair Muse IS on sale at USD 850. :smile: The original price was at over USD2000, and it is now 65% off! Which is why I am so torn. I agree with you that I would not buy 2 of the same bag, but its at such a great price, that I am sooo torn.

do you use your muse II a lot now? or do you think you'd get more use out of the goyard? i know a lot of ladies on tpf have multiple bags/shoes in the same style but in different colors. think about your wardrobe... what would fit in easier? and do you really want the muse, or do you want it because it's on sale?

I have the black patent/pony hair flap must II (medium) and WISH that I had the large! I have the large in the black/gray croc and love this size- but I do not really like the medium for me and I am 5ft 3- but I do love big bags!!ha! I bought the blac patent Muse II before Christmas and have only worn this beauty twice for a very short outing. She is a gorgeous bag, though!

i have many bags in multiple colors and have no problems with that if i love that style that much. i think you should get the ysl because its a beautiful, BLACK, bag that will serve many settings, be it professional, dressy or casual...and the pony hair just make it more luxe. the fact that you already "adore" your large muse, you are already familiar with the style. on the other hand, goyard is just kind of casual imo, and esp in the style you are looking to buy. if you love it, great, like you said, it doesnt go on sale, but at 65% off, the muse 2 is a fantastic deal. and you already know how the i'd definitely go for that one. my only question is, have u tried the med muse 2 on before? if u love the large, u have to make sure u love the medium, esp if it's final sale.

The first thing I would think about is the style of each bag. The Goyard is more of an open tote which fills a different need in my mind, than the Muse 2 (medium or large). If you really need a tote, then your decision is made. If you don't necessarily need a tote, than I would go with the Muse 2 medium.

I know that you already have a large--so I was momentarily thinking that maybe you shouldn't get a second Muse 2 --but there really is a big size difference between the two. So it really is almost like 2 different bags.

Now, I just happen to be wild about the Muse 2 style, so I may be a bit biased here. Mine is a medium and it is plenty big for me.

do you use your muse II a lot now? or do you think you'd get more use out of the goyard? i know a lot of ladies on tpf have multiple bags/shoes in the same style but in different colors. think about your wardrobe... what would fit in easier? and do you really want the muse, or do you want it because it's on sale?

You're right! When you said the words "do I really want it, or do I only want it because it's on sale"... I think I really do just want it because its on sale, since I already have one in large.

I actually don't get a lot of use out of my Muse 2 now, because I rotate with other bags (depending on my outfit and mood). But I am sure I would give my new baby Muse 2 or Goyard the same amount of attention I give my other faves. The question is still what baby to buy, since I have wanted a Goyard for so long, but don't know whether I should let this fabulous Muse 2 price pass me by.

Thanks for your thoughts!!! :biggrin:

I have the black patent/pony hair flap must II (medium) and WISH that I had the large! I have the large in the black/gray croc and love this size- but I do not really like the medium for me and I am 5ft 3- but I do love big bags!!ha! I bought the blac patent Muse II before Christmas and have only worn this beauty twice for a very short outing. She is a gorgeous bag, though!

Thanks for your reply!

I am only 5'2 but I LOOOVE huge bags too. Its just that I have so many of them, that I have started to look at medium-sized bags to add into the mix, and so this opportunity sounds perfect.

Quick question, is the pony hair very sensitive? It rains a lot where I am from, and I was wondering if I have to contend with bald spots or if the pony hair is uber-sensitive.

The first thing I would think about is the style of each bag. The Goyard is more of an open tote which fills a different need in my mind, than the Muse 2 (medium or large). If you really need a tote, then your decision is made. If you don't necessarily need a tote, than I would go with the Muse 2 medium.

I know that you already have a large--so I was momentarily thinking that maybe you shouldn't get a second Muse 2 --but there really is a big size difference between the two. So it really is almost like 2 different bags.

Now, I just happen to be wild about the Muse 2 style, so I may be a bit biased here. Mine is a medium and it is plenty big for me.

I love when you mentioned that because of the size difference between the two, its like having two completely different bags!!! Excellent point! Was leaning towards the Goyard this morning, but now I am leaning towards the Muse 2.

Need more validation TPF friends! I have only put the Muse 2 on hold til today. :smile:

i have many bags in multiple colors and have no problems with that if i love that style that much. i think you should get the ysl because its a beautiful, BLACK, bag that will serve many settings, be it professional, dressy or casual...and the pony hair just make it more luxe. the fact that you already "adore" your large muse, you are already familiar with the style. on the other hand, goyard is just kind of casual imo, and esp in the style you are looking to buy. if you love it, great, like you said, it doesnt go on sale, but at 65% off, the muse 2 is a fantastic deal. and you already know how the i'd definitely go for that one. my only question is, have u tried the med muse 2 on before? if u love the large, u have to make sure u love the medium, esp if it's final sale.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I did try on the Medium Muse 2 at the store the other day when I put it on hold. It seems large enough to carry most of my things, as I rarely fill out my large Muse 2 anyway. Would you know if the pony hair needs a lot of special care?

Wow. That makes it hard...But ponyhair IS hard to maintain. You won't be able to get stains out of it, you will not want to get it wet plus pony hair does bald after some time. Since you're wavering partially because its on sale, I say go for the Goyard even though I'm a YSL fan. There're other medium sized bags to get anyway..

Wow. That makes it hard...But ponyhair IS hard to maintain. You won't be able to get stains out of it, you will not want to get it wet plus pony hair does bald after some time. Since you're wavering partially because its on sale, I say go for the Goyard even though I'm a YSL fan. There're other medium sized bags to get anyway..

So how long do you reckon the pony hair will stay pretty before it goes bald (assuming it gets rained on occassionally)? My only concern with the Goyard is that I have read complaints that the chevron fades quite quickly. And I have a friend with a croissiere, and the edges of hers broke within months! Good thing her mom knew the manager, and they replaced the bag for her. But I don't know any managers in Paris! I read of the exact same thing happening to a Fidji. So if that would happen to me, I would be left with a broken bag, wanting the YSL Muse 2. Why are bag decisions always so haaard? :biggrin: