YSL Muse Stain - Dark Khaki

Feb 22, 2008
I have stain on my muse bag, the color is dark khaki, will the apple conditioner work? It is also worn around the bottom edges of the bag.

Do you know where I can send it to have it re-dyed if the apple conditioner doesn't work? Thanks

What is the stain? Water mark or something else? I hope not ink. THe wearing you may help with conditioner.

By the way, any good shoe repair can dye it. I use Empire Shoes in NYC, they do the shoes and bags for all the Mad. Ave boutiques. He did an orange crocodile bag to chocolate brown for me:smile:

It is a water mark, spilled something has a few splashes as well as dark mark. I was thinking if I used the Apple conditioner it would give it a shiner look and darken it a bit so the stain will possibly blend. It looks a bit ashy, dry. I did a search on this website and a it appears that the apple conditioner works well. I was just wondering if anyone had this actual bag and could give me specifics.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am not in NY, I am fairly new to GA and I have yet to find a good repair place, thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think the conditioner will work...it can't hurt though! Some people send bags to lovin my bags spa to get those stains out and "refresh" them. I think it's expensive tho:sad:

I don't think the conditioner will work...it can't hurt though! Some people send bags to lovin my bags spa to get those stains out and "refresh" them. I think it's expensive tho:sad:

I checked out that site as well and they are a bit pricey, I am going to try the apple conditioner I guess first and if that doesn't, perhaps I can call saks or Niemans, Gucci, Nordy's to find out where they send handbags here in GA. I looked up a few shoe repair places, but I am scared..I don't want them to ruin the bag!!! I guess last resort I can try the above mentioned.

I have stain on my muse bag, the color is dark khaki, will the apple conditioner work? It is also worn around the bottom edges of the bag.

Do you know where I can send it to have it re-dyed if the apple conditioner doesn't work? Thanks
I'm new to posting to the YSL forum, but I've had the YSL Muse bag in white for a couple of years, and last summer I took it to the YSL store in Bal Harbor (Miami) and they took care of all the wear and stains, looks like new, $100.00 and it took about 2 weeks. I know you live in GA, but you might call a YSL store to ask about it or see if you can send it to them to help or find out if any of the dept stores that sell YSL would recommend a place. Good luck!

I'm new to posting to the YSL forum, but I've had the YSL Muse bag in white for a couple of years, and last summer I took it to the YSL store in Bal Harbor (Miami) and they took care of all the wear and stains, looks like new, $100.00 and it took about 2 weeks. I know you live in GA, but you might call a YSL store to ask about it or see if you can send it to them to help or find out if any of the dept stores that sell YSL would recommend a place. Good luck!

Thank you!!

It is a water mark, spilled something has a few splashes as well as dark mark. I was thinking if I used the Apple conditioner it would give it a shiner look and darken it a bit so the stain will possibly blend. It looks a bit ashy, dry. I did a search on this website and a it appears that the apple conditioner works well. I was just wondering if anyone had this actual bag and could give me specifics.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am not in NY, I am fairly new to GA and I have yet to find a good repair place, thanks for the suggestion.

Unless you have used Apple Conditioner before I would take it to YSL. I made a mistake trying to clean a Balenciaga and it faded, by the time I took it to Neimans it was too late. Now it is beyond repair and there is nothing I could do about it.

Unless you have used Apple Conditioner before I would take it to YSL. I made a mistake trying to clean a Balenciaga and it faded, by the time I took it to Neimans it was too late. Now it is beyond repair and there is nothing I could do about it.

I figured I could try it in a small corner of the bag I was in the Marc Jacobs Forum and someone used the apple conditioner on a blake bag and it looks great. Same type of wear I have on my bag, the only concern would be the stain. Push come to shove, if it doesn't work I'll take it somewhere to have it restored, on last resort dyed.

I was just wondering if someone on here had this same color with possibly the same issues.

What is the stain? Water mark or something else? I hope not ink. THe wearing you may help with conditioner.

By the way, any good shoe repair can dye it. I use Empire Shoes in NYC, they do the shoes and bags for all the Mad. Ave boutiques. He did an orange crocodile bag to chocolate brown for me:smile:

I just tried the apple conditioner it did not work :tdown: I tried calling a shoe repair place here that (Sak's referred me), to find out if they could dye it and I was told that it would not be feesible for him to do so, stated that the bag is hard to take apart to dye. He said he maybe able to clean it. I sent an email to Lovingmybags to obtain a quote. I hope I can find someone who can clean it up.. I wanted to carry it this winter...

^ please don't do that. After the conditioner did not work I took it to a local place. When they are done cleaning it they put it in a plastic bag. It was humid and the hardware rusted. The color and the leather did not look good either. I finally took it to Neimans and by then it was too late.

^ please don't do that. After the conditioner did not work I took it to a local place. When they are done cleaning it they put it in a plastic bag. It was humid and the hardware rusted. The color and the leather did not look good either. I finally took it to Neimans and by then it was too late.

Please don't do what?? :confused1: Your scaring me :smile: I only tried the apple conditioner on a small section of the bag. Should I just make sure they don't put it in a plastic bag?

I meant don't take it in to a local place... of course it's your decision but it's a YSL, so take it to their boutique or to Saks. If Saks sends it out and they mess it up then they have to replace it. If your local place doesn't do a good job will they replace it?