YSL Muse ok for School??

Nothing personal guys, but why on EARTH do any of you use your fine designer bags for a school tote?? They do make computer bags for laptops and nice totes for text books. Why ruin a nice handbag by cramming it full of things clearly not intended for a handbag??

Here's a great Dior computer case. Prada makes them too. http://www.bluefly.com/pages/produc...all&Ntt=computer+bag&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial
These puppies WERE designed to take the weight of laptops (and to protect them) and textbooks. Please guys, be nice to your good handbags and get a proper case for other things....

Sorry, I'm on my soapbox today about this. I keep seeing this theme in all the designer subforums and it makes me crazy!:Push:
Exactly !!! A handbag is not a school bag or a laptop bag. There are special bags designed just for that purpose. Why ruin a beautiful bag?

Honestly, if someone wants to spend their money on this bag and use it to carry a folder or school papers, who are you to say they shouldn't/can't? I honestly don't see the big deal.

Personally, I don't recommend it as a laptop bag at all just because there is absolutely no support for something that heavy, but if you want that bag for school, more power to you. As far as whether it translates from school to the working world, I carry mine to work all the time and I think it's great. Chic and stylish. It's one of my favorites. I guess I don't see how it's any different to carry it to school and just have some papers or folders in it vs. carrying it to work with papers and/or folders in it at times...

I have a bronze medium Muse and its good for taking maybe a couple light books. Maybe XL would be large enough for a small laptop. However, I don't know if it will be sturdy enough though. Why don't you try the Chloe Edith Flap Satchel ? I use it as a briefcase and its sturdy and stylish. :smile: