YSL Muse - a good idea for school?

MademoiselleXO

Bon chic, bon genre!
O.G.
Nov 12, 2010
I'm debating purchasing a YSL Muse to use for school (to hold notebooks and such). Is that a good idea or a terrible one? Lol. Is the Muse comfy to wear on your shoulder?
Also I love the Muse but I've heard the stitching on the Y comes out...:blah:

I use my oversized Muse for school sometimes, it's great for when I have tons of stuff to carry. It's a workhorse but I'm not sure if I would put my Macbook in it - I want this bag to last me a long time! :P

I find that the Muse sits quite well on the shoulder. One of the threads on the Y stitching came loose but it doesn't bother me. That said, other Muse owners please let me know if this is a cause for concern.

I LOVE muse for school as a work bag (oversize I have). It can carry a ton. I am not bothered by stitching, because the bag does not lose in elegance, you can always use tiny bit of transparent nail polish to mend it.

I use two more bags for school as well (I maybe even carry more than a student because I am an instructor, and tote all the papers and books school-home) . I use Muse II large size when I want to look super classy (conference, so I carry lap top and tons of papers. The third one for largest workload, ALL possible books and papers -- medium Downtown.

I would definitelly suggest downtown as the most effective, covering all options and still looking AMAZING, but OS Muse will do great.

I'm not sure the strap length on the Muse would work. It's not very long. I agree with others another bag--a downtown perhaps, might be better. But for school and all that wear, I'd consider a less expensive bag. Any bag you use for school will get stuffed, dropped, tossed in a locker, thrown in the car, set on the classroom floor, set on the ground as you chat with friends. That's an awful lot of wear for a $1200 plus bag.

^ I agree, thats a lot for such a nice bag to go through
i used my hermes herline for college but its a thick fabric bag that I didn't feel bad when I had to put it on the ground during class. my leather bags never touch the ground

now, when I read posts again (especially grietje and yakusoku.af), I think they are right. Do not put Muse on the floor, Downtown only if it is patent, leather one will get scuffs in corners like my pretty purple degrade started, so I bought black patent as a work-horse bag..muse would be too expensive for all that wear.

Does the leather of the muse two stain easily? If so, do they clean up easily?

depending if it is leather or nubuck....if it is pachwork with canvas base, canvas is so light and will get dirty easily..I do not know how I would clean it, nubuch is easy to clean with eraser :biggrin: and for leather I have LMB products