YSL Medium Enevelope! Help!! Am I being extra?

Laiphan

Feb 23, 2020
I just bought the YSL medium envelope bag in gold hardware, gorgeous bag. I thought I did a good inspection at the store, but of course when I got home that’s when I find all the little things. I see on one of the rings the gold is a little tarnish already and there is a part of the stitching where there is thread sticking out. I mean I paid almost $2500 for this bag, I am expecting perfection or am I being too extra? Would you guys exchange over this?
99C780EB-91CB-4BA6-90A7-AEE2CE76F54D.jpeg2A91B6AD-71DE-4167-B560-FB85A8CA276E.jpeg

The way I look at it is, we pay A LOT of $$ for these luxury items. Don’t settle for something you’re not 100% happy with.

It always boggles my mind when someone has the attitude of “who cares” or “get over it, scratches/dings/scuffs/chips are inevitable”. We all work damn hard for our money, and quite frankly, there’s a huge difference between purchasing an imperfect luxury item from a store vs. being the one to cause the damage to your own bag while using it!

I just bought the YSL medium envelope bag in gold hardware, gorgeous bag. I thought I did a good inspection at the store, but of course when I got home that’s when I find all the little things. I see on one of the rings the gold is a little tarnish already and there is a part of the stitching where there is thread sticking out. I mean I paid almost $2500 for this bag, I am expecting perfection or am I being too extra? Would you guys exchange over this?
View attachment 4801007View attachment 4801008
If it’s bothering you then I think you should exchange it. You need to be 100% satisfied with your new bag. Don’t feel bad at all, small things like that bother me too