YSL Medium Downtown - Colour Help!

saff

O.G.
May 14, 2008
I'm desperate for a medium downtown, but can't seem to decide on the colour. It's spring here in Australia so I'm thinking perhaps I should go for a lighter colour than the classic black. I already have a black Easy and a black Balenciaga Part Time. I came across this blue grey leather downtown which is quite an interesting colour. I imagine that I could carry it across the seasons. I love purple, but don't have a purple bag. But would this only be good for winter?

FYI, I wear mostly neutrals like navy blue, grey, black, white, purplish/grey. I tend to dress up for work but am very casual on weekends and especially in summer.

What are your thoughts?

Blue grey (which is not on sale and quite pricey here in Australia), OR classic black OR violet (if I can find one).

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Pic of Kylie with her blue grey DT
100113Z3_MINOGUE_B-GR_01.jpg

Pic of actual bag:

BG3.jpg

I love the blue gray, but think the white/ivory is great too (especially with the gold hardware). YSL white is not a super bright white white, so it can be carried throughout the year.

Haha, no consensus so far. Thanks, ladies!

bubbleloba, funnily enough ivory was my first consideration. However, I thought trying to maintain a white bag would drive me nuts especially since I have two young kids. Very pretty though.

I love the blue gray! I actually considered buying this color but decided not to because it would be too similar to my grey suede downtown. So pretty though. I must add that I would pick the violet over the black since you already have an array of lovely black bags. YSL does such lovely subtle colors that even their brights work as neutrals. Good luck with your search!

FYI, I have the green lizard embossed and love it (it's the small). Gets tons of compliments too. My vote is for the gray lizard embossed or blue gray. The lizard embossed gives it another dimension.