Ysl LouLou vs BV Casette Bag

shesnaps

Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

I’ve been contemplating about getting a bag as a birthday gift to myself. For a while now, I’ve been pretty set about getting a YSL Lou Lou in black. Today I dropped by a Bottega store and fell in love with the Casette Bag (non-padded version). My only concern is that the bag is unable to fit as much. I was wondering if there’s anyone here who has both the bags and if you could list the pros and cons for each?

I am inclined to go with the YSL due to the more classic design but the Bottega bag is something I find quite unique. I do believe that we should wear anything we like regardless of trends but it is still a lot of money so I feel like I should absolutely be sure.

thanks in advanced to anyone who responds

4E6F80FF-EB3E-4978-B52A-5190C7586116.jpeg

Reactions: RT1
Between those two I would go with the LouLou. But that's perhaps because I don't like the non-padded version of the Cassette. I think the Cassette is a lot more casual and masculine than the LouLou. And I agree that it's not as 'classic' as the LouLou, although it might become one eventually.

Can't comment on how much those fit, though.

I don’t own either bag but I’m seldom short of an opinion so I thought I’d share that.

There LouLou comes in various sizes so I’m assuming you’re considering the one that is closest in size to the Casette. (That’s a plus for the LouLou—a range of sizes to choose from.)

My immediate reaction and was the LouLou is trying to be YSL’s answer to the Chanel Flap. It may be more classic looking but it’s not very original. The Casette in that sense stands alone and becomes that much more interesting.

I do like the vibe of the Casette and I have seen it dressed up as well as worn casually (I remember last fall in NYC seeing a rather marvelously dressed woman in a suit wearing one). So it seems more versatile. The LouLou just seems like it needs to be dressed up more.

Re size, if you carry a lot, the Casette will be tight. When tried it, I thought it could hold my phone, compact wallet, gloss, keys, pen, mints and my sunglasses but not more. BV’s Nodini is a bit larger and holds quite a bit. It doesn’t have the edge of the Casette but it is considered a classic BV.

Between those two I would go with the LouLou. But that's perhaps because I don't like the non-padded version of the Cassette. I think the Cassette is a lot more casual and masculine than the LouLou. And I agree that it's not as 'classic' as the LouLou, although it might become one eventually.

Can't comment on how much those fit, though.
I agree that the two bags are completely different which makes it an even more difficult decision :idea:

I don’t own either bag but I’m seldom short of an opinion so I thought I’d share that.

There LouLou comes in various sizes so I’m assuming you’re considering the one that is closest in size to the Casette. (That’s a plus for the LouLou—a range of sizes to choose from.)

My immediate reaction and was the LouLou is trying to be YSL’s answer to the Chanel Flap. It may be more classic looking but it’s not very original. The Casette in that sense stands alone and becomes that much more interesting.

I do like the vibe of the Casette and I have seen it dressed up as well as worn casually (I remember last fall in NYC seeing a rather marvelously dressed woman in a suit wearing one). So it seems more versatile. The LouLou just seems like it needs to be dressed up more.

Re size, if you carry a lot, the Casette will be tight. When tried it, I thought it could hold my phone, compact wallet, gloss, keys, pen, mints and my sunglasses but not more. BV’s Nodini is a bit larger and holds quite a bit. It doesn’t have the edge of the Casette but it is considered a classic BV.
Thank you so much for your reply! Appreciate it :wave:

At this point I don’t think I would ever go for a Chanel classic flap, brand new at least considering the exorbitant pricing which is why I was considering the YSL. I don’t usually buy more than 1 bag in a year which is why I need to limit myself:giggle:
I will consider looking at other BV bags before I make my decision because honestly the leather is the best I’ve ever seen!

Thank you so much for your reply! Appreciate it :wave:

At this point I don’t think I would ever go for a Chanel classic flap, brand new at least considering the exorbitant pricing which is why I was considering the YSL. I don’t usually buy more than 1 bag in a year which is why I need to limit myself:giggle:
I will consider looking at other BV bags before I make my decision because honestly the leather is the best I’ve ever seen!
while both are flap style bags YSL is way more structured, i'd take it from there.
what do you prefer? Soft? or rigid?