YSL Loulou Puffer in Medium in the summer?

Mawissacee

Jul 26, 2020
Hi all! I'm a newbie here, so feel free to set me straight if there's anything I'm doing/saying that is a faux pas for this forum!

I used to not like the look of the Loulou puffer because it always looked like a winter parka but in bag form. But now, I'm loving the less-structured type of bag and am obsessed with it!

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.23.20 PM.png

A lot of my handbags are smaller and/or more structured. So I always have to be extra thoughtful of what I put in it (instead of my full-size LV Zippy wallet, I have to use a cardholder, instead of a sunglasses case to protect my sunglasses, a cloth pouch, etc...).

So I'm so ready for a handbag that I can shove exactly what I want in there, that I know won't be constrained by the firm structure. I would love a black one of these.

BUT here's the thing. I was watching a video by Chase Amie and she mentioned how one of the cons to this bag would be, you couldn't really wear it during the summer. I was SO bummed because I had FINALLY decided that was the bag I was going to get after looking at SO many bags, but she was right. I definitely wouldn't want to wear a black parka-like fluffy thing around when it's hot and I'm wearing my summer clothes, I don't know, do you all disagree?

I'm also torn because I'm not the biggest fan of the crinkly/shininess of the Niki is and how the button sags and pulls (poor leather!) from the weight of the stuff put in it:

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 2.23.54 PM.png

But I do love that it's on the casual side. The regular Loulou looks too large and blocky; maybe I'm just the world's pickiest person!

What do you guys think would be a great shoulder bag that can be:
  1. Subtle (I do love the black on black monogram)
  2. On the casual-side that's not so structured
  3. Can carry a decent amount
  4. Good all-year-round
Or should I just plan on getting another one of these babies but in a lighter color?

Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Iceskater88
My advice would be to use the puffer bag if it is a bag you have been dreaming about. Don’t worry about what other people think. Fashion is very subjective to begin with.

The leather on my toy loulou can be very hot during the summer. I love my loulou to bits and wouldn’t mind upgrading to a smal size. The medium is a little large.

With that being said do you have the ability to try the Puffer loulou bag out? You might want I see how it fits you and your frame. See what you think of the material in person.

I have a Longchamp Le pliage cuir that isn’t structured and holds a lot. It’s a great bag too.

My advice would be to use the puffer bag if it is a bag you have been dreaming about. Don’t worry about what other people think. Fashion is very subjective to begin with.

The leather on my toy loulou can be very hot during the summer. I love my loulou to bits and wouldn’t mind upgrading to a smal size. The medium is a little large.

With that being said do you have the ability to try the Puffer loulou bag out? You might want I see how it fits you and your frame. See what you think of the material in person.

I have a Longchamp Le pliage cuir that isn’t structured and holds a lot. It’s a great bag too.

I love this, I DO wear a lot of black clothes anyway, and I probably shouldn't really care. Sadly I don't live near a place where I can try it on. I might just order both sizes online and return the one that I don't like. And I looked up the Longchamp bag and it's a STUNNER, oh no, I think I'm going to be looking at even more handbags now, haha! Thanks!!

Reactions: Iceskater88
I have the same bag as Chase Amie (medium black puffer silver hw) and ive been wearing it this summer! Its so light and carefree! I love it so don’t care when i wear it! Enjoy any bag you have any season :smile:

I'm beginning to think I should have gotten the medium. The small fits a decent amount but I have to pick between my bulky sunglasses case or my full-size wallet. Do you find the medium is a good size for you?

Reactions: Tote Ali