YSL Lou Matelasse Camera Bag Leather Care

mangotwins

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, just received my new YSL Lou Matelasse Camera Bag in black with gold hardware and was wondering if I need to put leather conditioner and/or weatherproof spray before using it? Or how do you take care of the leather and hardware of this purse? Thank you

Aug 14, 2006
Canada
I have the exact same bag and didn't do anything special to it. I bought it from the boutique at Caesars and asked if I needed to treat it and he said no. If it gets dusty I wipe it with a clean, dry microfiber cloth and if it gets dirty I'll use a damp cloth on it. I don't really baby my bags and it's in great condition still.

mangotwins

Aug 15, 2020
I have the exact same bag and didn't do anything special to it. I bought it from the boutique at Caesars and asked if I needed to treat it and he said no. If it gets dusty I wipe it with a clean, dry microfiber cloth and if it gets dirty I'll use a damp cloth on it. I don't really baby my bags and it's in great condition still.
Thank you for the reply! Appreciate the info :smile:

Reactions: absolutpink

Iceskater88

Lover of Salchows
Jul 22, 2020
NorCal
This type of leather is pretty durable. As mentioned a good microfiber cloth will do wonders for wiping it down. There are leather wipes you can buy from amazon if you have a spot that needs cleaning.