YSL Lou Camera bag maintenance

alexissssss

Mar 11, 2019
Hi! New here to and pretty much new to luxury bags. I recently bought the YSL Lou Camera bag in the light pink color. I've never owned a light colored bag and I'm worried about color transfer. The associate in London said they don't recommend using anything on the bag and to just be careful. When I went to Venice, I was told to use a natural cream conditioner and to use any protective spray from a shoe store.

Whst do you recommend for light leather bags? And it's calfskin if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Hi! New here to and pretty much new to luxury bags. I recently bought the YSL Lou Camera bag in the light pink color. I've never owned a light colored bag and I'm worried about color transfer. The associate in London said they don't recommend using anything on the bag and to just be careful. When I went to Venice, I was told to use a natural cream conditioner and to use any protective spray from a shoe store.

Whst do you recommend for light leather bags? And it's calfskin if that makes a difference. Thanks!

If you get a color transfer on your bag, it simply just needs to be recolored again. The only way to avoid it from happening to not wear dark colored clothing. Leather lotions will not act as a barrier to prevent it from happening, but they are good to use to prevent the leather from drying out. I do recommend waterproofing your bag to add a barrier if you get any stains.