YSL fans... are there too few of us?

YSL bags are beautiful, I own 5 and appreciate each one for it's individual beauty, quality and elegance. I think I have 'bag moods', one day I like something quirky and edgy, and another day, something quiet and elegant. Even though I don't hang out here as much as another forum, I do check in daily to see what's new and exciting. YSL will always be in my top 5.

YSL was my favorite designer since I was little (came from mom, I guess), and when Pilati took over he restored the original YSL style - simplicity, elegance, edge, craftmanship.

I was always wondering why some people prefer to go mainstream with their bags, specifically with Coach, LV, Chanel and other monogram and/or easily identifiable items. From what I gathered: they don't care about the essence of the bag as much as an opportunity to show of that 'they have it too!'. So, if all her friends have LV, she needs to show that she has enough money for LV, even if it is fake. :amuse: I think it is more common in the US than in other countries...

I personally view bags as artistic creations that I have a pleasure to posess. Seeing other people wearing them doesn't hurt - I don't fall in love with first sight, need to see them in action first. However, if YSL was on every second person aged 12 and up in every cheap mall, I would probably reconsidered my preference.

Saying that, I just bought a B-Bag, which I wanted for years and wasn't getting for this reason.... The B-Bag won and I surrendered. :girlsigh:

As a lover of handbags I like multiple designers. But truly feel that YSL is incredibly special. I absolutely love the construction and understated feel. I will always be a devout fan. :biggrin:

From my previously collection, I am 100% Miu Miu Girl..
now I am slowly venturing into YSL... IMO... YSL bags are TRULY FASHIONISTA handbags.. if you stalk fashion blogs, like Sartoralist & Garance Dore, you can often see YSL are spotted on these amazing fashionistas...

I love balenciaga, but like previous comment - almost every other purse love has one, this also applies to LV... But YSL is all about details... chic yet effortless...

I love YSL too, for all the reasons everyone else has stated. Carrying a YSL to me means the person loves good quality and craftmanship, and wants to be subtle about what they are carrying.

I like the fact that YSL is not so mainstream and exudes more subtle elegance.

Lastly, I like this subforum because people who post in the YSL subforum tend to know each other's name (or tpf names at least) because it is a smaller group of us.

I love the understated elegance/classic - ness of YSL. While I only own one - I get compliments on it EVERY time I wear it - from men and women. I am really wanting a Downtown tote in leather. I need a bigger bag and don't want logos screaming all over the place. Just want a well made bag that looks good. I can't speak to the quality of the leather , though , as the one I own is canvas with leather trim and the leather strap has actually begun to come "unglued" (had to have my shoe guy stitch it - sure I "ruined" any resale haha!)

So hopefully there are others to speak to the quality. But for style and simple elegance I love many of the YSL styles. Plus it's nice to carry something that is special enough that only those in the know -- know!!!! fun little "secret"!!

I love the LV's because they are so durable, but hate the logos. I also have Gucci bags which I love, but again logos and I have to "baby". But I am hoping that the Downtown will last and be durable -- perhaps get it in the patent? Just love the look of the buffalo black leather DT.

Anyway....Very good observation!!! I feel the same way!!!

I have the Downtown in black leather (med.sz) and pretty much have worn it everyday for over a year. I use it for work and really load it up with files, etc. and it is a true work house! Leather and handles look as good as new. I love this bag, I spoke to a sales asssoc. at Nordstroms in YSL dept.she said it is still one of their best sellers.

i am a former lover of bal...and still love chanel..of course YSL as well.
i think YSL is very well made...very solid quality wise and the design is on the quiet side which i really like. i like soft leather.....so i am looking at easy bag. i like the form of muse but the leather is too stiff for me. but whenever i see it is being carried on the street...i do love to have one. :P

I have a Bal bag (plenty Balenciaga clothes and shoes) and lots of Chanels and Guccis but I 100% not only love my Majorelle but all my YSL clothes too.

YSL is classic, modern and a little subversive - the very best in French dressing. If that means less mainstream so be it.

I rarely post on this sub-forum but visit almost every day. I only own one YSL - a small ivory patent Downtown which I wore all of last summer and can't wait to carry again.
My dream bag is a RG in black croc print; there was one on ebay recently but still too expensive for me.
As everyone else said: YSL = quality + style and that's what I love it for.

I'm overwhelmed by all the new or new-ish members posting in this thread. I just hope for more participation around the YSL subforum all the time. It's only going to be as lively and interesting as we all make it as a community. It's tough for a few of us regulars to try to keep it going ourselves, if you KWIM. So don't be shy everybody. :smile:

Their Shoes I like.....I have 2 or 3 RTW shirts....I do not own any bags at all...The only one that I really like is the tote that has the YSL down one side. I have been wanthing one of those for a while now. But others keep getting in the way!!!!!