Ysl easy vs ysl chyc cabas

Thanks lili. My primary bag now (a prada saffiano tote) is in a dark gray color called graphite but if I didn't ready have a large dark gray tote, I would totally get the cc in dark gray. I think you are right about the black. Question: there are two large black chyc cabas' on eBay and although pictures can be tough, one appears to have much more pebbled, slouchy leather and the other looks stiffer and smoother (more dressy). Are these differences between the large in the same model real or is it pictures and the way they may be stuffed that could be deceiving?

Fair enough if you don't want to have two dark grey bags.

I would need to see the pictures of the specific ones you are looking at. The main two types were 'ranch' leather with the natural variations in the leather which were softer and slouchy when not full and 'mini tweed' which were stiff and much heavier. I can't see any of those in black on eBay right now.

The ranch leather ones were either calf skin (more grainy) or sheepskin (more smooth). Recently I've only seen the calf skin in large black (check out Net-a-porter). Neither of these is stiff, although may appear so on photos with the bag fully stuffed with paper. Perhaps someone else can chime in and clarify this...

Thanks lili. My primary bag now (a prada saffiano tote) is in a dark gray color called graphite but if I didn't ready have a large dark gray tote, I would totally get the cc in dark gray. I think you are right about the black. Question: there are two large black chyc cabas' on eBay and although pictures can be tough, one appears to have much more pebbled, slouchy leather and the other looks stiffer and smoother (more dressy). Are these differences between the large in the same model real or is it pictures and the way they may be stuffed that could be deceiving?

I believe it is the leather. If I am not mistaken, YSL made the Cabas Chyc in different leather. I have my large black Cabas Chyc in Chèvre and medium and mini in mouton. YSL's SA in the US told me that they also have the bag in calf. Chèvre appears to have more of an antique look which I love. I bought that in the summer of 2011 though. In 2012, I bought the medium and mini.