YSL Customer Service is HORRIBLE

CreamPuffer

Mar 27, 2009
I'm honestly trying to stay calm here but each day I'm becoming more annoyed and I'm seriously going to flip out pretty soon. Believe me when I say I'm not one of those demanding and unreasonable customers. I used to work in retail so I know how horrible it is when customers are rude or just a general pain in the a**.

I placed an order for Tribute pumps back on June 6th. Then I get an email on June 8th, stating that my size was not available even though it said that it was at the time and even continued to appear available days after they told me it was not. Ok, no big deal. I place an order for 1/2 size bigger the same day. Two weeks pass no confirmation of shipment so I send them an email asking them to update me on the status. Now according to them it takes up to 24 hours to respond, sometimes 48 hours. Anyway, 4 days later I get a response stating that due to high demand of the shoes the warehouse is getting them from one of their boutiques and then they will ship it. But that they do have a number of that size in stock so it is definitely available. It's been a month since I placed an order and I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. I emailed them on the 29th regarding the status of the order and I didn't get a response. I send them another one on Monday and still nothing. I even called them on Tuesday, left a message and still nothing. On top of that as of 2 days ago the size I ordered is no longer in stock on the website so if they screwed up my order or forgot about it they can't send me a replacement or whatever. (hope this makes sense)

Am I just worrying for nothing? Is 31 days standard for YSL? Also how difficult is it to respond with one sentence to let me know what's going on. On top of that they charged my cc the first week the order was placed. Does anybody know how I can get an actual person on the line?

Honestly, this is the worst customer service experience ever.

Last edited:
OMG, I am so sorry you are going thru this!
I know you want the shoes.
I hope someone here can help you with this.

I bought a handbag from them last year, and had a great experience.
I hate to hear of this happening.

I also recently had a good experience with YSL - purchased a pair of Tribute t-straps on sale and had them two days later. It is awful to hear of this. I hope you are able to get through to someone.

If I were you, I would, at a minimum, demand that they refund my credit card and charge me again when the shoes actually ship.

OMG, I am so sorry you are going thru this!
I know you want the shoes.
I hope someone here can help you with this.

I bought a handbag from them last year, and had a great experience.
I hate to hear of this happening.

Thank you. I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience so I"m hoping things will turn around for me. I'm worried that they will finally get in touch with me and tell me there was a mix up with my order and now they have no shoes. :crybaby::cry:

I also recently had a good experience with YSL - purchased a pair of Tribute t-straps on sale and had them two days later. It is awful to hear of this. I hope you are able to get through to someone.

If I were you, I would, at a minimum, demand that they refund my credit card and charge me again when the shoes actually ship.

That's another thing I'm concerned with, since they won't respond how am I supposed to tell them to refund me? If I don't get a response or the shoes in the next 2 weeks, then I'm contacting my cc company to get a refund. Truth is, I can wait another month for these shoes if I have too. I just want to know what is going on.

Did they charge your card? Because my experience with YSL.com is they don't charge your card until they locate the item and it ships. I've ordered before and it took 2 weeks for them to locate the item and ship but they didn't charge my card until the day it shipped. I would just cancel the order and call a boutique and have them locate the item for you. At least then you'll be dealing with a real live person. Sorry!

I'm sorry this happened to you. If they did charge your cc, I would call your cc company and file a dispute. I agree with mellibelly, I would cancel the online order and try calling a boutique to order a pair.

ysl.com sucks. I had a similar experience, they are lacking in cs for their online sales. I finally called a sales associate who got me the the shoes. Good luck! Have you called them? i called it took a few days to get a call back but I could finally figure out what was going on.

Wow 31 days to ship/process an order is way too long. I can't believe they charged your cc but haven't shipped your order after 31 days! My experience with YSL OK. I placed my order on July 1st using the ground shipping method and got my order confirmation right away but they didn't charge my cc until July 7th and I got my order the next day. I also called them twice to inquire about my order and both times I got a call back on the same day. I thinks it's odd that you haven't gotten a response. Maybe they're working on solving your issue and don't want to contact you until it's been resolved. But even that's bad customer service, I mean a courtesy call to keep you updated would be ideal. But I would just keep calling until I get a response.