YSL customer care experience

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
It has happened, my Large College bag black on black (hardware) has chipped! I bought the bag in October 2016 but have not used her much as I am lucky to have many other beautiful bags. Every time I've used her I've been very careful not to bang it to anything or drop it and always check the hw as black is known for chipping. So today I noticed this tiny tiny chipping on the bottom of the logo.

I bought the bag of YSL.com and will email customer care tomorrow. I wonder if anybody has had any experience with their customer care warranty?

I expect them to offer me a new bag (if so I will change to silver hw) or a refund which I doubt.

IMG_1492809952.498879.jpg

Hey there :smile:

Sorry to hear about the issue. Your earlier posts were what originally tempted me to this bag...

Would you care to impart how customer service dealt with the issue? I'm so conflicted as to whether to go with the black hw, but I'm seriously considering giving it a go if SL are willing to stand behind their products and offer a resolution.

Hi sorry for late reply but I just got my bag back from YSL so I thought I share my experience.

As soon as I noticed chipping I emailed YSL customer care and they replied right away and said their quality department wanted the bag to look at if repair is possible. They arranged pickup and replied within days of receiving my bag that it will be repaired. They gave me a 3month repair time. I was ok with this.

Yesterday I received an email saying my bag was done and ready to be shipped back and today it arrived all the way to Sweden in less than 24h. It looks absolutely perfect and I am more than happy with the service from YSL customer care. It took them 6 weeks from when I shipped the bag until I had it back home.

I have missed this bag so much! I was first saying I will sell her when she comes back but I def can't, she is so beautiful!

IMG_1498829103.240858.jpg
IMG_1498829146.549626.jpg
IMG_1498829164.330644.jpg
IMG_1498829174.301444.jpg

Excuse my "it's raining and I'm working from home outfit"

Aw, glad to hear! I was gutted on your behalf when you posted about your chipping issues (and your decision to sell...). Good to know everything worked out, and it looks as good as new. Beautiful, indeed :heart:

Hi sorry for late reply but I just got my bag back from YSL so I thought I share my experience.

As soon as I noticed chipping I emailed YSL customer care and they replied right away and said their quality department wanted the bag to look at if repair is possible. They arranged pickup and replied within days of receiving my bag that it will be repaired. They gave me a 3month repair time. I was ok with this.

Yesterday I received an email saying my bag was done and ready to be shipped back and today it arrived all the way to Sweden in less than 24h. It looks absolutely perfect and I am more than happy with the service from YSL customer care. It took them 6 weeks from when I shipped the bag until I had it back home.

I have missed this bag so much! I was first saying I will sell her when she comes back but I def can't, she is so beautiful!

View attachment 3748726
View attachment 3748730
View attachment 3748732
View attachment 3748733

Hi there I recently purchased a Kate Monogram-Medium on the Saint Laurent official website. The bag was purchased less than a month ago and when I used it last week for the first time I noticed that the eyelet of the bag is broken so I tried to contact the customer service. Since I am based in Australia so there is no actual YSL store here. My query was forwarded to the Singapore After Sales team. However, the responses I got from them was shocking. They just sent me the recommended repair centre in Australia and that's it. This is a brand new bag I purchased and I only used it once so far and now it's broken. I seriously felt devastated now. I took the bag to the repair centre in Sydney and was told that the eyelet has a hidden crack on it and without the relevant parts from Saint Laurent, they will not be able to fix it either. So I contacted the customer service team in Singapore and there are still no responses so far at all. This is unbelievable for a new handbag purchased directly from Saint Laurent official website! ( I have attached the photo) Could anyone please help me here? Any contact numbers I can call? I tried emailing them but there are no responses so far and I tried calling too with the phone number listed on the Australia website but they said the query would be forwarded to Singapore anyways and I have received no responses from them so far. This is my first YSL handbag purchase IMG_0453-YSL bag.JPG and I felt so upset now:sad:

I have had also a very good service. There was little scratches in my card holder's logo too fast and I got a chance to return it and they gave my money back. Very easy and I think they really value customers.

Hi there I recently purchased a Kate Monogram-Medium on the Saint Laurent official website. The bag was purchased less than a month ago and when I used it last week for the first time I noticed that the eyelet of the bag is broken so I tried to contact the customer service. Since I am based in Australia so there is no actual YSL store here. My query was forwarded to the Singapore After Sales team. However, the responses I got from them was shocking. They just sent me the recommended repair centre in Australia and that's it. This is a brand new bag I purchased and I only used it once so far and now it's broken. I seriously felt devastated now. I took the bag to the repair centre in Sydney and was told that the eyelet has a hidden crack on it and without the relevant parts from Saint Laurent, they will not be able to fix it either. So I contacted the customer service team in Singapore and there are still no responses so far at all. This is unbelievable for a new handbag purchased directly from Saint Laurent official website! ( I have attached the photo) Could anyone please help me here? Any contact numbers I can call? I tried emailing them but there are no responses so far and I tried calling too with the phone number listed on the Australia website but they said the query would be forwarded to Singapore anyways and I have received no responses from them so far. This is my first YSL handbag purchase View attachment 3752770 and I felt so upset now:sad:
I know this was ages ago now but how did you go with this love?

Hi there I recently purchased a Kate Monogram-Medium on the Saint Laurent official website. The bag was purchased less than a month ago and when I used it last week for the first time I noticed that the eyelet of the bag is broken so I tried to contact the customer service. Since I am based in Australia so there is no actual YSL store here. My query was forwarded to the Singapore After Sales team. However, the responses I got from them was shocking. They just sent me the recommended repair centre in Australia and that's it. This is a brand new bag I purchased and I only used it once so far and now it's broken. I seriously felt devastated now. I took the bag to the repair centre in Sydney and was told that the eyelet has a hidden crack on it and without the relevant parts from Saint Laurent, they will not be able to fix it either. So I contacted the customer service team in Singapore and there are still no responses so far at all. This is unbelievable for a new handbag purchased directly from Saint Laurent official website! ( I have attached the photo) Could anyone please help me here? Any contact numbers I can call? I tried emailing them but there are no responses so far and I tried calling too with the phone number listed on the Australia website but they said the query would be forwarded to Singapore anyways and I have received no responses from them so far. This is my first YSL handbag purchase View attachment 3752770 and I felt so upset now:sad:
I hope you got the issue resolved. They have a YSL boutique in the David Jones Department store in Sydney Australia now. I definitely think you should call David Jones Elizabeth street and ask for the YSL handbag sections direct telephone number, they might be able to help you. Or try emailing customer care again, maybe this time they may refer you to the Australia boutiques.

They are also opening up a boutique in the Sydney Westfield and it should be open in August 2018.

View attachment 3748726
View attachment 3748730
View attachment 3748732
View attachment 3748733

I’m so glad you didn’t sell it and I’m so glad Saint Laurent had great customer service. I love YSL black hardware it’s so chic. Thinking of adding a YSL black hardware bag to my collection.

Reactions: Designerhbgirl