YSL Collège bag

KensingtonUK

Jun 13, 2014
I am new to YSL but saw and fell in love with the YSL college medium in black with gun metal hardware.

Questions:
How is the YSL customer service? Will they repair if there are issues down the road or is it terrible CS like goyard?

Do these bags ever go on sale? I'm willing to wait if I can get a good deal on one

Anyone had one for awhile? How does it wear? Well made? Any issues or regrets?

Thanks!!

Reactions: Darunwayhome
I'm trying to decide between the ysl matltese college bag in either the black or burgundy. I'm not sure if I want the medium or the large. I'm afraid that the large will lose its shape. I had purchased a large anthrocite and returned it because it was all misshaped. I just hope the medium is a nice size for ever day. Would love your thoughts on this bag. Thank you : )

FullSizeRender.jpg
I have the large black college bag with gun metal hardware. I've had it for 1 year now and it is pristine. It's a great size and I can fit a lot in, the leather is amazingly soft and the shape has held up (it's empty and flat in the photo). My only problem, especially for large vs medium, is that while the medium has the longer chain, the medium doesn't even hold half of what I can hold in my large. I do wish the large had a longer chain, but not a huge deal breaker for me. I just use my Chanel Jumbo for days when I need a crossbody. As for customer service, I've never had any issues with Saint Laurent bags, I have the college and the sac de jour. I do have a friend who had a chain break on her kate and gotten it sent in for repairs no questions asked. Hope that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thank you for sharing your your experience between the large vs. medium collage bag. I had ordered a large from Barneys and it arrived all crazy misshapen. I called and the SA said that was normal. I knew it wasn't because I had purchased the gray color and sent it back because I really wanted the black. I should have kept it. It was a pretty color. Have thought about the burgundy. I need to go see it. They were hard to find for awhile, but now available. I am a big bag girl so it sounds like the medium would be too small. Thank you for your help.

View attachment 3624149
I have the large black college bag with gun metal hardware. I've had it for 1 year now and it is pristine. It's a great size and I can fit a lot in, the leather is amazingly soft and the shape has held up (it's empty and flat in the photo). My only problem, especially for large vs medium, is that while the medium has the longer chain, the medium doesn't even hold half of what I can hold in my large. I do wish the large had a longer chain, but not a huge deal breaker for me. I just use my Chanel Jumbo for days when I need a crossbody. As for customer service, I've never had any issues with Saint Laurent bags, I have the college and the sac de jour. I do have a friend who had a chain break on her kate and gotten it sent in for repairs no questions asked. Hope that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks for sharing!! Such a stunning bag! Glad to hear that the quality is good. I really want to be able to wear it cross body but I am concerned that the medium might be too small for everyday. Also debating if I should wait until I go overseas as the price is sooo much cheaper in Europe. Such a beauty though!!

View attachment 3624149

Very pretty purse! Is the hardware in dull gold? I do like the medium size and how I would use it as a cross body though I don't know what I would be able to fit in the medium!! I wanted to ask you, do you ever feel that the gold chain should have been thinner like the Kate?

I have decided on the large college handbag. Now I have to decide whether or not to wait for the burgundy with shw or get the black. I ordered the large burgundy from saks on 3/22/17 then received an email on3/24/17 stating that it was sold out. I was a bit upset because it was 2 days later that they canceled my order. Now I'm on the waitlist for the burgundy bag. I understand these things happen. Thank you for the great information. It makes me feel more comfortable ordering the large. The color will be a surprise. Handbag drama never ends!!!!!!!

Reactions: Bee-licious
I have the college bag in medium size and it fits the essentials such as medium sized wallet, keys, cell phone, lip stick, small size lotion, small hand sanitizer, pack of tissue, rechargeable battery.

Thanks for sharing!! Such a stunning bag! Glad to hear that the quality is good. I really want to be able to wear it cross body but I am concerned that the medium might be too small for everyday. Also debating if I should wait until I go overseas as the price is sooo much cheaper in Europe. Such a beauty though!!

She mentions in her post that it is silver hardware

I have decided on the large college handbag. Now I have to decide whether or not to wait for the burgundy with shw or get the black. I ordered the large burgundy from saks on 3/22/17 then received an email on3/24/17 stating that it was sold out. I was a bit upset because it was 2 days later that they canceled my order. Now I'm on the waitlist for the burgundy bag. I understand these things happen. Thank you for the great information. It makes me feel more comfortable ordering the large. The color will be a surprise. Handbag drama never ends!!!!!!!

They have the large burgundy in gunmetal hardware at the YSL in San Francisco. I just saw it today

I have the college bag in medium size and it fits the essentials such as medium sized wallet, keys, cell phone, lip stick, small size lotion, small hand sanitizer, pack of tissue, rechargeable battery.

Thanks!! I have decided to get the medium. Now I just need to be patient and wait until I go to London later in the year. By buying in London the purse costs $1550 vs $2500 in the states :sad:

I am new to YSL but saw and fell in love with the YSL college medium in black with gun metal hardware.

Questions:
How is the YSL customer service? Will they repair if there are issues down the road or is it terrible CS like goyard?

Do these bags ever go on sale? I'm willing to wait if I can get a good deal on one

Anyone had one for awhile? How does it wear? Well made? Any issues or regrets?

Thanks!!

YSL customer service here in the Philippines is very good. I haven't tried the repair yet. I don't think they ever go on sale (it doesn't here in the Ph) since they increase their prices yearly. It's a very nice bag since you could wear it anywhere and with anything. My phone, small purse, compact powder, and lipstick fits perfectly in the medium size with enough space for extra essentials. Life is short, buy the bag! :smile:

I’m glad this thread got revived because I was wondering about the same things as the OP! I love the large college bag and was about to purchase it but then read about all the YSL quality issues here on the forum. I don’t own any YSL bags so I had no idea and now I’m afraid to buy one! I don’t want to spend that much on a bag and have it start falling apart. How is the bag holding up for those of you who own it?

I’m glad this thread got revived because I was wondering about the same things as the OP! I love the large college bag and was about to purchase it but then read about all the YSL quality issues here on the forum. I don’t own any YSL bags so I had no idea and now I’m afraid to buy one! I don’t want to spend that much on a bag and have it start falling apart. How is the bag holding up for those of you who own it?

Mine was bought last Feb 2017 and so far it still looks good. Minor scratches here and there, but super not noticeable unless you really look at it. I use it often and I don't even take care of my bags properly like I lay it down anywhere and even use it when it's raining. The quality is very good. :smile:

Hi everyone, I just bought a pre-loved College Bag (medium). I can't find the serial number inside the bag. Is it normal for college bag? TIA

Update: Oh nevermind, I found the serial number!!! (almost got a heart attack!!!) LOL