YSL CHYC versus CELINE BOX

Which is the best bag to purchase?

• YSL CHYC

• CELINE BOX - small or large?

• SAVE UP FOR HERMES - birkin or kelly?

Results are only viewable after voting.
i love both bags. they look very similar, yet both stayed true to their own brands' styles. of course, i'm partial to the classic box because that is the bag i ended up investing in. the reason i picked the classic box is because the versatility of the strap. it can be adjusted long to be worn cross body, or shorter for shoulder carry, or removed all together and be worn as a clutch. whereas (from what i remembered) the chyc's strap is only available as the shoulder length. not to mention, i like the feel of the celine classic box leather better than the ysl chyc. however, the chyc's price does seem like a bargain compare to the classic box, which is a big plus.

they're both beautiful bags. you can't go wrong with either. please keep us updated on your decision!

Even as a massive YSL fan I love the Celine Box more than the Chyc. Personally I would save up for an Hermes but that's just me. If it were between the Chyc and the Box go for the Box!

I am all about Celine and am currently obsessed with Celine bags, but I voted to save for a Hermes birkin or kelly..

I cannot justify the price of the box bags.. Your money will be better spent on an Hermes bag or get a couple of luggage bags ;)

wow, so far saving for a Hermes is the top one... well that's what ive been doing anyways for the most part.. My last bag purchase was the Celine envelope luggage in anthracite last December 2010...
Now, the celine clutch doesn't count right?:P im giving up on the cobalt blue.. maybe i can find beige or a lipstick red? any leads anyone.

I have debated this same thing. I bought a black chyc before the Celine box came out. I love my chyc and was trying to decide whether to get another chyc (brown) or a box. In the end I bought another chyc.

My choices are:

1. Hermes Kelly, only if it's vintage. You should check out Decades, they always have lovely Kellys and you might get a deal! They take all their vintage Hermes to the actual store and get them restored so they look brand new but with a vintage price tag!

2. Celine box handbag, I love both sizes but I think the large is too big. I would go with small in a lovely color that's not black!

Must be the odd person out here :biggrin:

I don't think you can compare the YSL to the Celine. Similar style but the leather, size and functionality of the Celine far outweigh the YSL. That being said I do have the YSL Chyc clutch but not fond of the other YSL chyc bags.

I find the Kelly hard to access and have sold them shortly after I bought them as found the bag too difficult for me. :nuts:

It's very hard to choose I think but I guess Celine is hawt now...so its easy to go for Celine.

Hermes is the odd one out...completely different league. I am not saying this because I can't afford it but it doesn't speak to me, really.

I'm having the exact same 'problem' (oh what a nice problem to have :P) now! I will most probably get the YSL chyc and a Celine luggage tote since the Celine box I want is the python one in bright yellow which is super hard to fine and probably costs more than the other two combined :sad: