YSL CASSANDRA WOC WITH NO TAGS OR CARDS FROM NEIMAN MARCUS

bisbeepurse

Jul 28, 2020
I just received a bunch of my orders from Neiman Marcus and I was pretty upset to find that the medium Cassandra wallet on chain did not have any of its tags or cards! Has this happened to anyone else?! I called customer service immediately and told them about the missing tags and cards. It's a shame because it's a beautiful bag for an amazing deal (guess it's too good to be true) what do you guys think? Keep it or just return it? For those of you who have the bag: is the serial number on the bottom of the bag? I'm still waiting on my Jamie bag and now I'm nervous that it might be the same thing :sad:

20200802_135720.jpg

20200802_134651.jpg

20200802_134643.jpg

20200802_134704.jpg

20200802_134558.jpg

20200802_134710.jpg

My personal experience with bags of any brand from/in department stores is that the typical documentation can go missing if they have been on a display stand or used as part of a mannequin display that people can touch or try on. (I always ask if they have a new one in the back for that reason, but department stores don’t always keep deep inventory of luxury bags.)

SAs will often take things out of the bag so you can try your own things in the bag for fit, and I’ve had to point out to them that they didn’t put everything back in the bag. (Happened to me the other day when trying a Bottega Veneta).

I love shopping at Nordstrom, because of their return policies and customer service, but because they accept returns with little or no time limit (unlike most brand stores) I have found bags brought back into the store from an online purchaser, or brought back after months from someone who changed their mind after never using the bag. Those can end up back on sale without all the documentation. Once I bought the last Balenciaga bag in stock in a color I loved, and they had to scrounge for a dust cover in the back. While it could be argued whether that affects resale, I have never considered that the bag itself might not be authentic.

Others here with more purse-shopping savvy than me may tell you differently, but my opinion is if you love it and the price was great, I would not worry about authenticity of a NM purchase. I’ll keep an eye on any responses you get because maybe I’m crazy not to worry about it!

My personal experience with bags of any brand from/in department stores is that the typical documentation can go missing if they have been on a display stand or used as part of a mannequin display that people can touch or try on. (I always ask if they have a new one in the back for that reason, but department stores don’t always keep deep inventory of luxury bags.)

SAs will often take things out of the bag so you can try your own things in the bag for fit, and I’ve had to point out to them that they didn’t put everything back in the bag. (Happened to me the other day when trying a Bottega Veneta).

I love shopping at Nordstrom, because of their return policies and customer service, but because they accept returns with little or no time limit (unlike most brand stores) I have found bags brought back into the store from an online purchaser, or brought back after months from someone who changed their mind after never using the bag. Those can end up back on sale without all the documentation. Once I bought the last Balenciaga bag in stock in a color I loved, and they had to scrounge for a dust cover in the back. While it could be argued whether that affects resale, I have never considered that the bag itself might not be authentic.

Others here with more purse-shopping savvy than me may tell you differently, but my opinion is if you love it and the price was great, I would not worry about authenticity of a NM purchase. I’ll keep an eye on any responses you get because maybe I’m crazy not to worry about it!
Thank you for your response! It's my very first big purchase and I'm scared cause I want it to be perfect :sad: but it is such a nice looking bag and it made me gasp when I opened it!

• Love
Reactions: Red Bag Girl