Ysl cardholder quality dissapointed :(

jwessels

imagination
Mar 21, 2011
Hi dear members,

I bought the Ysl cardholder at selfridges, and used it only ones or twice and look what happened by using the cardslots by putting the cards in and out. Im shocked! You have to look at the insides where the leather come loose like they are glued. And because of the rubbing against it with the cards, sliding in and out, this what happened. You see what I mean? Does somebody had experience this before? Im really dissapointed in the quality of such a high end brand.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 2,179
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,123
Hi dear members,

I bought the Ysl cardholder at selfridges, and used it only ones or twice and look what happened by using the cardslots by putting the cards in and out. Im shocked! You have to look at the insides where the leather come loose like they are glued. And because of the rubbing against it with the cards, sliding in and out, this what happened. You see what I mean? Does somebody had experience this before? Im really dissapointed in the quality of such a high end brand.
Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of buying this wallet but seeing this makes me nervous!! Curious if this is typical or a one off?

Reactions: LAsun
I've had my cardholder (the same style) since early December -- so about four months -- and I began to experience the same thing earlier this month. :-s I reaaaally love the aesthetic of the cardholder so I've been ignoring the problem -- it hasn't gotten 'worse' beyond that inner layer looking a bit split off at the top and I don't expect it to split any further down the inside -- and I suspect in my case, the issue is because my credit card is metal and I sometimes 'miss' the slot. That said, I would caution anyone who this would annoy to look at other styles, and if it's already annoying you after only one or two uses, consider returning it.

I've had my cardholder (the same style) since early December -- so about four months -- and I began to experience the same thing earlier this month. :-s I reaaaally love the aesthetic of the cardholder so I've been ignoring the problem -- it hasn't gotten 'worse' beyond that inner layer looking a bit split off at the top and I don't expect it to split any further down the inside -- and I suspect in my case, the issue is because my credit card is metal and I sometimes 'miss' the slot. That said, I would caution anyone who this would annoy to look at other styles, and if it's already annoying you after only one or two uses, consider returning it.

Well dear I didnt return it because I got a 20% refund back and now Im not using the cardslots wich are showing the problem, so I only use the top in the middle and the first slots and not the last beneath them because they are worse, I dont want it to get more split any further. but no more Ysl for me anymore. Thanks for your reply.

I wonder if Chanel or LV experiences these issues? I have a LV wallet that I use daily for about 3 years. It has held up well, but this is only one data point.

I have the same Card holder for over one year now and it Looks still brand new, although I'm using it daily. I would highly recommend this Little wallet. it's perfect.

I have had mine for less then one year but I’m actually disappointed by the quality. I’m always really careful with my luxury purchases but on this card holder the corners are wearing off... I will be going to YSL to ask if this is covered by warranty.

I had the same card holder, and the plated logo started to show some noticeable scratches after only couple months of use and when closely inspected I think that it wouldn't have taken long for the corners to start to wear off also. And this was with normal use. I resolved the situation by selling it and bought Chanel cardholder instead. :biggrin:

I also got a mini college school bag with the buckles in smooth leather, and the magnet fell off and rivets from the strap within a month. I’ve lost hope in ysl after my two purchases are falling apart.
My bag was sent for repairs and I may return the card holder and just stick with my mini pochette. See the bag attached, I love it so much!!

560FF9CE-473F-419C-A99D-66C4B0DA59C5.png