YSL Card holders Question

I've got both a Saint Laurent card holder and Chanel card case. I've seen a bit of leather peeling on Saint Laurent one on the inside where you slip the cards in and out (could which has made me use it only on special occasions as I don't want to ruin it further, so I find myself using my Chanel card case the most. I use my Chanel almost daily (bought 9 months ago) and have no signs of wear so far

I've got both a Saint Laurent card holder and Chanel card case. I've seen a bit of leather peeling on Saint Laurent one on the inside where you slip the cards in and out (could which has made me use it only on special occasions as I don't want to ruin it further, so I find myself using my Chanel card case the most. I use my Chanel almost daily (bought 9 months ago) and have no signs of wear so far
Is your Chanel one in caviar? I wanted to get a SAint Laurent as it's lower priced and looks pretty, but it doesn't hold up well I may go for Chanel instead.. thanks !

Is your Chanel one in caviar? I wanted to get a SAint Laurent as it's lower priced and looks pretty, but it doesn't hold up well I may go for Chanel instead.. thanks !
did you make a decision on this? I am still researching if YSL or Chanel. If YSL doesn't hold up I would rather spend 150 more on a chanel piece instead of YSL peeling off. thank you for the feedback =)

did you make a decision on this? I am still researching if YSL or Chanel. If YSL doesn't hold up I would rather spend 150 more on a chanel piece instead of YSL peeling off. thank you for the feedback =)

I've been using my gray YSL card holder for nigh on 10 months and it is looking still fabulous. Not brand new but still structured, stiff (but looser than new), and still nicely puffy. Edge wear yes but no bent corners or wrinkles. Lets see if I can post a picture. I bought mine last June but was afraid to wear it for a couple weeks cuz it was sooo prrettyyy. Also the metal emblem has held up nicely!

Reactions: Miss World
YSL is fabulous quality. Saint Laurent really work hard on fixing any known quality issues. Chanel is lovely but the only reason it’s more expensive is because it’s Chanel not because it’s necessarily better quality.

Not so much to do with the thread but, I am on a serious hunt for a YSL card holder with gold/bronze hardware but in NAVY BLUE! I want it to match my navy Lou camera bag :sad:

My SA says that YSL have discontinued doing the cardholders in this colour (apart from the men's collection which has no gold/bronze hardware). If anyone is selling one in reasonably good condition with the bag, dust bag and authenticity card - please could you let me know?

I have my alerts on Vestiaire Collective and spotted one on depop but the seller wouldn't post it on VC (so I felt it wasn't authentic!)

I’ve quite a collection of the Chanel ones but with the silly price increases and jumping through hoops to get the colour you want I bought my first YSL.

Slots are initially stiff, leather is very durable, the hardware doesn’t scratch anything inside my bag.

The extra card slot is useful.

I do however expect scratches to the hardware, even the Chanel classic hardware scratches but is only really obvious in photos (eg when selling) .I find this normal and it doesn’t bother me.

On my YSL bags however I find the aged silver hardware is really robust and it’s my favourite but haven’t seen it on any cardholders yet.

I do like the Chanel ones but will be choosing YSL ones from now on.

Reactions: thundercloud