YSL Camera Bag or Alma BB? Please help..

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. 2A2B5B3D-8A33-4AEA-9A5E-998793D1E74A.png hello everyone! I wanted to treat myself to a nice purchase and narrowed my choices down to these two beauties..... was wondering if you could all help me.. my style is casual yet I can also dress up. I am a mom and just want an on the go bag.

Out of these two could you please help me decide?? Both are within a good price point / in my price range and both are so hard to choose! Thank u in advance!!

2. I'm also a Mum & I'm hoping to buy the camera bag. It goes with everything & fits loads. I think it's very chic as well

3. I personally love the YSL camera bag. As it is leather, chevron quilting, fits heaps and has the classic YSL logo. It has a very long crossbody strap though, so if you’re short or petite you may need to put in another hole in the strap.

However the LV Alma BB is a classic as well. It has really sturdy canvas so you don’t have to worry about scratches too much. It’s nice that you can wear it crossbody during the day and handheld if you go out somewhere fancier at night.

daisychainz and canyongirl like this.
  4. I see a case for both! :smile: My vote is for the YSL camera bag. I saw this in store early December. I was comparing this with Marmont tote and YSL is bigger and I love the tassel. It's a combo of Gucci Soho and Marmont camera bag to me. The LV is cute as well and you can throw it around more as it's canvas. Good luck with your decision.

canyongirl likes this.
  5. Update: I saw the camera bag today & it's much bigger than I thought. So really consider how much you want to put in it. The bigger the bag, the more rubbish I put in it so I'd rather a bag which suits my needs perfectly. I didn't end up buying the bag precisely because it's too big

6. Both of your choices are my two most commonly used "mama is going to Costco/Target/Kroger" bags :biggrin: I love them both! They are light, hold a good amount and are simple while being stylish. You really can't go wrong with either. I say if you don't wear a lot of black, the LV might go better and vice versa.

7. Lol I'd say go with the YSL camera bag but I'm biased cuz I own 2 of them and they're really spacious! Perfect errand days and you can even fit a long wallet in it! Plus the squishy leather is so lux

daisychainz and canyongirl like this.
  8. alma bb might be too much hardware/a little fussy to get into if you're looking for a grab and go bag :smile:

9. Alma gets my vote. It was my go to for the first few months after I had my daughter. It can fit so much for such a little bag.

Incalifornia7 likes this.
  10. alma bb hands down!

11. I have a Alma BB in DE and I used it non stop for the first year that I had it. I still love it to this day

Incalifornia7 likes this.
  12. I have both and hardly reach for my Alma BB. I have two little girls and I find the Alma a bit fiddly while the camera bag is so easy for me to open and close

daisychainz likes this.
  13. Can’t say much about Alma as I have a pm size and never reach it anymore, but I love my ysl camera bag, using it non-stop.

14. Which do you feel holds more?
    Do you think the Alma is more durable?

15. I have both and have a 4.5 and 18 month daughters. I have had them both since May and I have used my Alma bb...twice! It is so awkward to get stuff in and out of quickly for me and holds less than my camera bag. I can fit a lv 6 key holder, coin purse, phone 8plus, small pack of baby wipes, one or two nappies, pressed powder and lipstick. I have even had no nappies in there and a small makeup bag. It seriously holds so much. Only thing is inevitably because I’m using it while running around after two crazy girls it has a couple of scratches which breaks my heart. Hands down though I say the YSL camera bag as a mum!

daisychainz likes this.