YSL Cabas Chyc or Chanel GST?

xaverians

Feb 5, 2013
Hello everyone, I would like to ask whether should I get YSL medium Cabas Chyc or Chanel GST for uni handbag? Btw, I'm going to law school and I'm not gonna use it everyday though, maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Any suggestions?

I can tell you that after light wear, my chyc cabas seam sealant is cracking. Not sure if Chanel is more durable but I would never think of using a Chanel for a school bag. Just my opinion.

Oops hit send by accident. Cabas chyc is more spacious so you can put a lot inside although it can only be hand held or on the arm. Was going to buy GST but ended up getting a larger Chanel tote because GST is boxy and not so comfortable under the arm as shoulder bag for me. It will not fit thick books because of the compartments. Out of the two for school I would choose Cabas chyc.

GST. But the straps drop from the shoulder and it will lose its boxy shape in the long run. Still, its a classic bag i just wish these two issues can be addressed.

You can try crossing the straps when you shoulder carry.
As for losing it shape, I have read from the Chanel sub-forum that you can take the bag to Chanel to have it "blocked" to restore the shape.