Youve Been Over Charged !!!!`

Jan 23, 2006
Do You speak up right away ?
or
Does it depend on the amount ?

I will speak up and try to resolve it as soon as I find out that I have been over charged, There is always someone making a profit from mistakes like these.

Oh yeah, I speak right on up! LMBO!
That adds up even in small amounts, seems like someone is always trying to stick their hands in our pockets.:suspiciou
The grocery stores here give you the item free if it's rings up wrong, but it's damn near impossible to watch and remember 100 items as their scanned.
It seems to happen at restaurants most often to me.

I speak up right away!! I am always furious when people do it on purpose. I was filling up my car on sunday night and the tank said 30.00 and the guy charged 35 on my credit card, when i told him he O, ill give u cash instead but it is a scheme they pull all the time and it was obviouse he did it on purpose. They tend to pull it on people with nicer cars or on girls who might not know how "it works" , i duno. But it makes me sooo mad. There went his tip.

Speak up...Target was having a sale one day, and the cashier charged me the regular price...I went to Customer Service right away after I saw the error (the cashiers can't do anything once the transaction is done). The difference was only a couple of bucks, but it's the principle of the thing...

I'll speak up asap, even if it's only a few cents off but still... a penny is my penny! I always look over the receipt before I walk out of the store.

cate22 said:
Speak up...Target was having a sale one day, and the cashier charged me the regular price...I went to Customer Service right away after I saw the error (the cashiers can't do anything once the transaction is done). The difference was only a couple of bucks, but it's the principle of the thing...
Target is notorious for this. I always watch them like a hawk. They always correct the misteak without a problem.

A couple of years ago I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and the server accidentally charged us for a $30 bottle of wine. I saw the check and about had a cow, but then looked at the itemized list and saw the wine. I had only had two glasses, not an entire bottle :shame: They took it right off.

If I'm in the store and I see I've been overcharged, I'll say something. If I'm home and it's just a couple of dollars, I'll let it go.

I think the worst is when the restaurant overcharged you and gave you the wrong food when you do take-outs and you don't realize this until you got home and opened the food! By then, you're just too lazy to drive back and yell at them.

I point it out whether I'm overcharged or undercharged. I tend to patronize the same places repeatedly, and some are extremely diligent, and others less so.

I am particularly thinking of my favorite take-out place. Their numbers are off about 60% of the time. Mostly in their favor, and occasionally in mine. I just point it out and they're quite good humored about it. I tolerate it because the food is so good.