Youtube Unboxing videos

Before I buy a new bag or want to know more about what people think about a new pair of heels I will do a search on youtube. Most of the time there is nothing on there because it was a new item.

I love it! I get that rush of opening new things. I'm very much a shopaholic, so I love to see people reveal their new purchases and describe them in detail. I find packaging design very interesting, so I get a kick out of seeing the way companies package their products.

Reactions: Wilsom04
The ones that are actually informative (very rare), I do appreciate. However, most have been completely useless. How do you ramble on for 10 minutes about a cles or 20 minutes about a neverfull? That's beyond me.

Reactions: twin-fun
Neither, if i want to do research on an item I want to buy I would look at review videos, or wear and tear videos. However, unboxing videos do appeal especially for rare items.

There are a lot of weird youtube videos I love watching haha. I love the unboxing videos (I once watched and 18 minutes one), I'm a big fan of the 'what's in my purse' videos too.

I don't find them interesting. All they are usually is what the person bought. I want to know how that bag has held up and what the features are etc. I particularly dislike it when you tubers spend ages unboxing and you're hearing all the paper crinkling etc. it's like hearing people chew loudly. Ick.

They are right up there on the annoying scale with reveal posts here on tPF that include 23 pictures of the box from various angles, the ribbon in progressing states of undone, tissue paper, cards, and envelopes in several artfully arranged displays. Nobody got time for that!

I literally just burst out laughing reading this. I know is like get on with the reveal already!!