Yours opinions needed ~ a possibly stray kitten

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies (& Gents), just needed some advice.. I saw this black kitten (around 6-7 months old) walking around in my neighborhood this afternoon from my kitchen window. I have never seen him before and I noticed that he hasn't got a collar on. So it got me thinking whether if he is a stray or just that his owner allow him out walking around without one on?? :wtf:

I am quite worried about him, as I live off very busy streets. I went out and looked for him about 1/2 hour later, and he was nowhere to be found. So what are your opinions, is he likely to be a stray?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!! TIA :heart:

2. Sounds like a stray :sad:

3. Sounds like he (or she) may be a stray.

4. A stray take him to a na kill shelter or go to craigslist and see if anyone posted a lost cat.

5. definitely sounds like a stray... I hope you can help him/her

6. i think he's a stray

7. sounds like a stray. please scoop it up next time you see him/her and keep him safe. i never let my tom cat out of my sight when he was that age and i dont live anywhere busy. i think they are too young to go out at that age unless its in their back garden. i hope you see the kitten again i am worried now!

8. :sad: I hope kitty is okay

9. Thank you all for your advice! :heart:

I didnt manage to get a glimpse of that little kitten today, as I was out most of the day. However I did ask around to see if anyone has seen him today, and the answers I got were No. I also let them know that I am looking for that little guy, and they will let me know if he is around. If I see him again and am sure that he is a stray I will be taking him in, and taking him to the vet for a checkup, injections etc etc, and will see where we go from there. I do hope that he has a good home, if he doesn't then it must be fate, I will consider having him as my 2nd baby or help him to find a good home.

Thanks again for your advice, and prayers and best wishes are definitely needed for this kitten! Thanks again! :heart:

10. #10 Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
    It's very hard to say after only one sighting if he is a stray. My cats are strictly indoor and don't wear collars so that is really not a deciding factor as the little guy could have a home but got out somehow.

Thanks for looking out for the little guy and I hope all goes well. Please keep us updated.

11. sounds like a stray, i hope he/she was okay :sad:

12. I agree with bnjj. No collar doesn't necessarily mean he's a stray. My cats have never worn collars, and one accidentally got out once. It's good of you to be worried and keep a lookout, but even if you see him again and rescue him, it would be a good idea to post "Found Kitty" flyers/photos in your neighborhood, just in case. When my one got out, I was worried sick and very lucky a neighbor took him in... I was on vacation and had a friend pet sitting and she didn't notice him slip out somehow. Sometimes things happen.

13. thread is from 2008....kitty would be 8 years old by now :smile:

LolaCalifornia likes this.
  14. LOL. I hadn't noticed that.