you're a moody S.O.B.

I switch depending on what my kids are scheduled to do. If its a rough and tumble day at the park the Togo Birkin comes out. If I am dressed up the Kelly makes her rounds.

I have to admit that until 2 years ago I always just carried one bag till it died. Then I started collecting different colored bags and matching them to my clothing. But now that I have 2 babies I sold all the colored bags and only have black bags which I love because they are easy to match with everything and do not show wear nearly as much colored leather does.

I am contemplating a red bag, maybe will be brave enough to foray into color again.

I was thinking about this today! I plan to use Evelyne primarily for travel (although I have been using her as a grab-and-go bag the last week or so). I can't believe I am saying this...but...I have not used my Birkin since I purchased my Kelly... I wasn't sure I would ever love/use a Kelly enough...but...she has been in very heavy rotation since Las Vegas... I must bring Birkin out again...but...Kelly is so perfect for day to dinner... And I love the shoulder strap option for shopping...I tried on two "piles" of clothes today... I am now tormented (well not really) about my next purchase...I do plan on a gold birkin for summer, but am also debating a second Kelly...

I tend to change bags every 1-2 weeks. It depends upon the season and the weather. It is usually nice here so I only have to worry when we have bouts of rain and that is when I wear the "other" bags :smile: Right now I doing all red bags because of the Holiday Season. In Jan. I probably will go back to blacks and browns. I think changing bags is good because it forces to edit the junk out and keep it simple.

I am very lazy and cannot handle complicated decisions especially in the morning, so my usual is to wear all black and my main work bag is a black fabric Coach bag with lots of pockets. If it is not supposed to rain then I consider the black/PH 35 Birkin, my workhorse Birkin--which has gotten lots of use but is pristine. This is also my travel Birkin. Even DH freely admits that I've made that bag worth the price. Now, what to do about the other Birkins. I think some had only been carried like once or twice. I decided last week that this was wrong. So I've been dragging out the others (except crinolin) and giving them some time. The chameleon organizer has helped. Problem is, some at work have noticed. Not that anyone really understands any of this mind you. So...I think I will be going back to the basic black and occasionally etoupe...and the others will continue to wait for their rare turns--my work environment is not really conducive to these bags.
My only wallet is an indestructible black LV epi leather wallet purchased in Hong Kong that predates all of the Birkins.

:shrugs: It depends on my clothes and accessories....sometimes I carry the same bag for a week :shame:
Today, for example, I'm all in black with a turquoise pashmina so I chose to carry my turquoise Birkin.:yes:

I change my bag just about every day. I'm embarrassed to admit that I choose my outfit (mostly very casual) by which bag I feel like wearing - LOL!! Today, I had a lot to shlep into the office and wanted to carry my potiron GPT so I threw on a cream colored cashmere crew-neck sweater, potiron pochette scarf, jeans, tan suede low boots and tan suede blazer. Since I just got my turquoise chevre Bolide back from heatstamping, I'm dying to wear it tomorrow. Will probably wear a black cashmere turtleneck, black tohu bohu twilly, jeans, black H loafers and the Bolide. I love picking my clothes by which H I want to wear!!

I used to change bags every couple of days (or every day if I had the desire or the time). Now, I cannot change out of my Evelyne. Saturday nights are the only time I change (into my chanel outdoor flap) and I change right back before I even go to sleep. :roflmfao: I am guessing that will change if I ever get a Kelly or a Birkin. I really love my Evelyne so much more than any other bag I own. I am considering selling off a lot of the others to help fund a K or B. :nuts:

Okay...this is a tough question - well tough to answer! I've been on such a roll that my latest purchase seems to be what gets loved and used.....I have been so head over heels in love with my red birkin that's all that I've used since I got it back for the last month - except for a couple of times using the mini plume...I definitely take out something less HERMES depending on going somewhere that I don't want it to be obvious - I still feel the birkin does draw more attention; I tend to use a bag for weeks on end - I would say a month at a time - give or take a day or 2 for something else for a color clash reason. When taking a trip to Boston...as a couple this fall, when heavy rain was in order, I took my LV Saleya - no worries there. Used my white LV all of August...now I was ready to take out the ostrich kelly for something different but am having a "bolide" issue (big surprise there lol!)...may be buying one and selling one...anyway...my best answer is I do not change on a daily basis but when the mood strikes - I do like to use one bag for a bit though...and then rotate...

LaVan, I learned the hard way as well with my first birkin - the hardware was very scratched before I realized that the straps sitting in the keepers is not a good thing. Now I don't put them in the keepers and have better luck - but now and again one finds it's way back there and I have to scold it!!

I change the bags frequently depending on outfit, which depends on weather.
Then I will sometimes change the wallet and agenda covers to match the bag:shame: very fickle!

hmmm, am starting to lose my grasp on the birkin hardware scratch problem... help.
shoes what's going on in your mind re. bolide?
lol, bergdorfblonde & ninja sue - you're opposites in your approach (matching bag to clothes and clothes to bag)

Oh just wanted to add - I have a friend who NEVER changes/rotates. She would stick with one bag until it DIES. I remember she bought a Versace backpack and used it everywhere - work and play. She doesn't care if she looks tacky or not. I admire her bravery.

She stuck by that horrendous backpack for 6 years until one night at dinner, I noticed 2 holes in that backpack. After I screamed out loud in the reastaurant and berated her for not being a woman and told her I would bring her bag-shopping the next day, she was finally convinced she had to get another bag.

Imagine my joy when I finally converted her to buying several bags and learning how to rotate them every once in a while. I was near to tears in joy.

I don't believe in squandering on bags but one bag for 6 years everywhere you go just is not human, wouldn't you agree?

I'm ashamed to admit that you've just described me to a Tee. Either I use a bag to death, or I'm too afraid to use them. With Hermes or any namebrands, it's the latter. Currently I'm using my Kenneth Cole bag to death and I've had it for 3 years now, use it for work and play as well ... :sweatdrop: