Your View On Buying Expensive, Torn Jeans

bangalkat

I'm so happee!
Oct 7, 2007
Sooo, what's your view on buying expensive, torn jeans? Is it worth it?
Personally (nothing against yall :smile: ) I don't really think it's worth it.. IMO you could buy a pair of good Levi's, shred them up with a knife or a grater, then bleach them. They'd look exactly like the jeans that designers sell for $300.

:supacool:

I personally do not like jeans that are heavily destroyed. A rip on the knee or something small is ok. But I would never give $300 for a pair of destroyed jeans. The most expensive pair of ripped jeans I bought was from AE for $39.50, LOL.

I love destroyed denim styles as much as any other style. I did an internship with a denim company many years ago and shreading your own jeans doesn't at all compare to the processes that quality designers use to give a pair of denim jeans not only the 'look' but the amazing 'feel' of a pair of 20 year old Levis. If you really enjoy the look and feel of that type of denim it is absolutely worth the price.

depends on how much distressing. also, a lot of jeans have the look but are actually reinforced in the back, so they aren't going to fall apart. it is something that i do not think you can create yourself.

Its depends on the outfit. I remember when True religion came out with the Destroyed Joey's and they were sold out everywhere. Then Abercrombie came out with a similiar style. I woulden't spend over $100.00 for ripped jeans, but I'd wear them with cute tees and flip flops. Its a cute look.

I like distressed jeans, but i like them a lot more when i'm the one doing the ripping. And my school doesn't allow us to have any kind of tear or fringe on clothing (we are forced to call home for a change of clothes, such BS) so i don't really get to indulge in this trend anyway

Its depends on the outfit. I remember when True religion came out with the Destroyed Joey's and they were sold out everywhere. Then Abercrombie came out with a similiar style. I woulden't spend over $100.00 for ripped jeans, but I'd wear them with cute tees and flip flops. Its a cute look.

Ha! I bought those True Religions, and I wore them and loved them! They were like $200. But now I won't be buying torn-up jeans. Im just past it. There is no elegance there, and that's what Im into

I understand that jeans get ragged with wear, but I personally wouldn't pay (lots of money, at that!) for jeans that looked like someone had gone to work at a sawmill wearing. Sometimes I like the look, but I think it is best saved for old jeans that don't cost an arm and a leg.

(All price comments relative to the cost of jeans, not to be compared to designer shoes/purses.)