Your thoughts on this Stam? And a few Q's

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Hi ladies!

I first came across the Stam in what I think is "Cassis" when I was traveling for work, and yesterday I saw it again here in town and I am now considering buying it. It's such a rich purple/bordeaux colour, and looks so amazing with the gold hardware.

_6462453.jpg

Do you think this is a colour that can be worn year-round? I saw nascar fan's pictures of her Cassis and it looks so much darker in her pictures, so I'm not sure if I actually saw the 2012 resort purple...see her post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-stam-lovers-club-282882-25.html#post20411483 (Now that I've compared her Cassis in the pic below to the stock image above, I definitely think I saw the Cassis)

attachment.php

I don't know if I should go with the Cassis, or wait for the resort purple. I really love both colours, and feel the Cassis is more neutral but maybe more fall/winter. Also, how does the durability of the lacquered leather compare to regular Stam leather?

What do you think?

I've been eyeing the Stam for years but somehow always ended up buying other bags. I've also only considered the black Stam but whatever purple it was that I saw, I want it!!

Thanks!

Hi ladies!

I first came across the Stam in what I think is "Cassis" when I was traveling for work, and yesterday I saw it again here in town and I am now considering buying it. It's such a rich purple/bordeaux colour, and looks so amazing with the gold hardware.

g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/13/_6462453.jpg

Do you think this is a colour that can be worn year-round? I saw nascar fan's pictures of her Cassis and it looks so much darker in her pictures, so I'm not sure if I actually saw the 2012 resort purple...see her post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-stam-lovers-club-282882-25.html#post20411483 (Now that I've compared her Cassis in the pic below to the stock image above, I definitely think I saw the Cassis)

attachment.php

I don't know if I should go with the Cassis, or wait for the resort purple. I really love both colours, and feel the Cassis is more neutral but maybe more fall/winter. Also, how does the durability of the lacquered leather compare to regular Stam leather?

What do you think?

I've been eyeing the Stam for years but somehow always ended up buying other bags. I've also only considered the black Stam but whatever purple it was that I saw, I want it!!

Thanks!
I just bought the Cassis Stam yesterday. I think it's beautiful. The perfect plum/raisin color. It does look more like a Fall/Winter bag to me. I will probably wear it mostly during the colder months. For Spring/Summer, a lighter bag like the purple would work well. They are both beautiful, it just depends on how you plan to wear it.

I personally don't believe in "seasonal" colors or bags. If I have a bag and I love the color or style, I'll carry it any time all year round. While traditionally darker, jewel tones such as the Cassis might be considered fall/winter, I wouldn't hesitate to carry that bag in the summer months. It's a beautiful shade and I think it would compliment a wide variety of brighter or pastel colors that you might wear in the spring or summer

I say if you love the color, you should get it and carry it anytime you want!:biggrin:

I personally don't believe in "seasonal" colors or bags. If I have a bag and I love the color or style, I'll carry it any time all year round. While traditionally darker, jewel tones such as the Cassis might be considered fall/winter, I wouldn't hesitate to carry that bag in the summer months. It's a beautiful shade and I think it would compliment a wide variety of brighter or pastel colors that you might wear in the spring or summer

I say if you love the color, you should get it and carry it anytime you want!:biggrin:

Well said JJ, I couldn't agree more. Cassis is a beautiful colour and the stam is such a classic and stylish bag so I would carry it all year round.
karman if you love that colour then go for it, it would work well all year round.

I do agree that you should wear your bags whenever you want. I am not a stickler for certain colors only during specific seasons. Definitely enjoy your bag anytime you want. ;) I think this color is gorgeous and it can work well with lighter colors, too.

It looks totally fall/winter to me. But that's probably because I got mine in anticipation of fall/winter, so in my head it's just ... fall/winter. :amuse:
:upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

But still, Stams are beautiful and should be enjoyed, period, no matter what color they are. Fall, winter, spring, summer. Just enjoy! And that one is a BEAUTIFUL color!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with it.

In the warmer months, wear it with tans and greys, whites, lavender. I think it would be beautiful against white linen. I also think it is beautiful with any shade of purple. Make it your own.

:tup: Just because a color/style comes out a certain season, doesn't mean it has to be worn only that season.

I bought one at Nordstrom yesterday. This is the colour I want and the best of all, I got it at 40% off. I know black is perfect and is the most sought after (correct me if I was wrong) but I really have more than enough black in my closet. So I am glad someone decided the colour for me.

Nas please keep it! It is a very unique colour and the polished leather is so nice not to mention the leather interwoven chain:love:
So much love for the CASSIS around here should we have a CASSIS STAM CLUB?

Wow, now that everybody is clamoring about the cassis, I think I will keep mine! I was considering letting it go.

Funny how that happens. :lol:

I like it a lot and I think you can carry this all year round.
I was wondering if you know any online stores that sell Stams and may I know the price range of this beauty ?
Congrats on your purse :smile: