Your thoughts on this Stam? And a few Q's

I like it a lot and I think you can carry this all year round.
I was wondering if you know any online stores that sell Stams and may I know the price range of this beauty ?
Congrats on your purse :smile:

I think a new Regular size Stam is about $1300 US - could be more. Nordstrom stores in the US is having a sale on at the moment and a few MJ bags have been reduced to 40% including this CASSIS STAM, but not online. Check out the recent Nordstrom Designer sale thread on this forum or the DEAL thread. There are 2 Stams from 2 trusted lovely members are up for grab at very good price right now. Just so you know none of them are mine :P

If you aren't from the US you need to call a Nordstrom store and ask the SA to locate 1 for you (if they still have this stam available) they will send International with $75 postage but you don't have to pay US Sale Tax - not sure what is the Duty Free Allowance in Japan though? It is important to check this out if you decide to buy from overseas. Good luck!

I think a new Regular size Stam is about $1300 US - could be more. Nordstrom stores in the US is having a sale on at the moment and a few MJ bags have been reduced to 40% including this CASSIS STAM, but not online. Check out the recent Nordstrom Designer sale thread on this forum or the DEAL thread. There are 2 Stams from 2 trusted lovely members are up for grab at very good price right now. Just so you know none of them are mine :P

If you aren't from the US you need to call a Nordstrom store and ask the SA to locate 1 for you (if they still have this stam available) they will send International with $75 postage but you don't have to pay US Sale Tax - not sure what is the Duty Free Allowance in Japan though? It is important to check this out if you decide to buy from overseas. Good luck!
I ordered this one 40% off online at Nordstrom 2 days ago. Order tracking # confirmed with rough delivery details (such as how and which courier). But this morning I got a email advised me that item is unavailable to ship. I can cancel the order now or keep waiting. I guess it is over-sold. I prefer to wait but don't know for how long. Will they send me a bag from the regular stock when the sales stock is unavailable? Does anyone here with similar experience with Nordstrom?

I ordered this one 40% off online at Nordstrom 2 days ago. Order tracking # confirmed with rough delivery details (such as how and which courier). But this morning I got a email advised me that item is unavailable to ship. I can cancel the order now or keep waiting. I guess it is over-sold. I prefer to wait but don't know for how long. Will they send me a bag from the regular stock when the sales stock is unavailable? Does anyone here with similar experience with Nordstrom?

They will not send you the regular stock but if you know a good SA she will keep checking the bag for you every day. Sometimes people bought them on sale but returned them for whatever reason, so the sold out bag may pop up again during the second mark down :yes: you will get it for a steal at 60% off. But you have to be patient and wait for months. I used to know Designer Handbag Manager at Nordstrom La Jolla, she was so good that she keep the list of the bags that I like and when they go on sale she presold it for me 2 days before the actual sell started. She even sent pictures of all the bags that would be on their yearly sales - she was such good sale manager who was so good at helping me to spend $ on bags that I like but can live without :lol: At 1 time she got a beautiful MJ stam for my sister in law at 60% reduction - mind you that one sold out on the 1st sale (40% reduction) but she kept checking the system for me and 3 month later it appeared in the system. Unfortunately she has moved on.

rorosity had sent me an PM with the name and contact number of her SA at Nordstrom who is just as helpful and efficient. If you like her contact details pm me.

Anyhow good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Nas please keep it! It is a very unique colour and the polished leather is so nice not to mention the leather interwoven chain:love:
So much love for the CASSIS around here should we have a CASSIS STAM CLUB?
I am going to keep it. I told DH I was going to sell it. All he said was, "Why?"
Then I couldn't think of a good enough reason.

But I really don't like the wide leather strip at the top of the chain. It will not stay on my shoulder.

They will not send you the regular stock but if you know a good SA she will keep checking the bag for you every day. Sometimes people bought them on sale but returned them for whatever reason, so the sold out bag may pop up again during the second mark down :yes: you will get it for a steal at 60% off. But you have to be patient and wait for months. I used to know Designer Handbag Manager at Nordstrom La Jolla, she was so good that she keep the list of the bags that I like and when they go on sale she presold it for me 2 days before the actual sell started. She even sent pictures of all the bags that would be on their yearly sales - she was such good sale manager who was so good at helping me to spend $ on bags that I like but can live without :lol: At 1 time she got a beautiful MJ stam for my sister in law at 60% reduction - mind you that one sold out on the 1st sale (40% reduction) but she kept checking the system for me and 3 month later it appeared in the system. Unfortunately she has moved on.

rorosity had sent me an PM with the name and contact number of her SA at Nordstrom who is just as helpful and efficient. If you like her contact details pm me.

Anyhow good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks to Mad about Bags so much for your detailed answer. You have answered me more than I can anticipate asking!

I didn’t sleep well the night I ordered the bag as I was so excited, couldn’t wait to see my Cassis. For just any bag mania I am sure you understand the itch feeling of “I must have it……..…..Now!”

Unfortunately, there is no Marc J boutique in Sydney. There is no better choice here instead of waiting. The reduced price is just right under the limit of tax allowance so no fuss about custom duty and clearance.

I will wait for the moment. Will they reconfirm with me once the second stock pop up again before they send it out (so there will be no double purchase just in case if I see one available)

It took you 3 months to wait for the second stock and not to mention you have a 007 Spy to watch your back for you. I guess my chance is thin…….

Thanks again and I’ll pm you later for SA details.

I am going to keep it. I told DH I was going to sell it. All he said was, "Why?"

But I really don't like the wide leather strip at the top of the chain. It will not stay on my shoulder.

Ugh :shucks: :shocked: That 's not good! I was thinking it would be more comfortable because it is wider! Would the mini stam shoulder trap stay on your shoulder Nas? I know you don't have a mini stam but could you try it out when you have the chance please? Pretty please!
I am hoping to get a mini stam soon, but I don't want it if the chain doesn't stay on my shoulder :wondering

Hi ladies!

I first came across the Stam in what I think is "Cassis" when I was traveling for work, and yesterday I saw it again here in town and I am now considering buying it. It's such a rich purple/bordeaux colour, and looks so amazing with the gold hardware.

g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/13/_6462453.jpg

Do you think this is a colour that can be worn year-round? I saw nascar fan's pictures of her Cassis and it looks so much darker in her pictures, so I'm not sure if I actually saw the 2012 resort purple...see her post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-stam-lovers-club-282882-25.html#post20411483 (Now that I've compared her Cassis in the pic below to the stock image above, I definitely think I saw the Cassis)

attachment.php

I don't know if I should go with the Cassis, or wait for the resort purple. I really love both colours, and feel the Cassis is more neutral but maybe more fall/winter. Also, how does the durability of the lacquered leather compare to regular Stam leather?

What do you think?

I've been eyeing the Stam for years but somehow always ended up buying other bags. I've also only considered the black Stam but whatever purple it was that I saw, I want it!!

Thanks!
That's a gorgeous color! I think it would work well for fall/winter since it's such a deep purple. I like it much better than the lighter purple. I also really like the lacquered leather of my Stam a LOT. It's gotten rained on & there weren't ANY water marks. Very durable, IMO.

Not sure if they will reconfirm, why don't you ring up and ask them what will happen now and see what they say?

Thanks to Mad about Bags so much for your detailed answer. You have answered me more than I can anticipate asking!

I didn’t sleep well the night I ordered the bag as I was so excited, couldn’t wait to see my Cassis. For just any bag mania I am sure you understand the itch feeling of “I must have it……..…..Now!”

Unfortunately, there is no Marc J boutique in Sydney. There is no better choice here instead of waiting. The reduced price is just right under the limit of tax allowance so no fuss about custom duty and clearance.

I will wait for the moment. Will they reconfirm with me once the second stock pop up again before they send it out (so there will be no double purchase just in case if I see one available)

It took you 3 months to wait for the second stock and not to mention you have a 007 Spy to watch your back for you. I guess my chance is thin…….

Thanks again and I’ll pm you later for SA details.

Hello. This strap issue, is it particular to the lacquered stams? I was reading through the thread on choosing a black stam, regular or lacquered, and i saw a few posts with the strap issue. I actually hAve a regular black stam on hold already, then i found out that the lacquered one has the leather interwoven chain which i like, but that the strap can be bothersome, so now I am very confused. Any thoughts?

I have both chain types, with the leather insert on the regular stams and the lacquered one with the wider leather on the top. I find them both comfy but the wider (for me) is the most comfy. I have wide shoulders though.

Thanks. I am now leaning towards buying a lacquered black stam. I really like the look of the leather interwoven into the chain but hasn't seen one IRL because my local nordstrom just have the regular stam.