Your Thoughts On The New Kooba Collection.....

Jul 21, 2006
I was wondering if there are any Kooba owners out there who were diehards from years past who might have any thoughts on the new Kooba collection these days. I looked at Nieman Marcus because of the advertising at the top of this page, and I actually thought that I liked a good majority of what I saw. I haven't seen any in real life, but I was wondering if anyone else out there can say with complete honesty that the leather and hardware compares to the bags of the days gone by. Thanks!!!!

Well I just got an India that I've very happy with and I have an Ostrich Hadley on the way too. I like that Carter bag quite a lot too.

It's possible that maybe we'll have to roll with the changes. :graucho:

I have the Bourbon Hadley I adore. I don't think it is 2006 revisited in any way but I see a slight turnaround maybe. Some of those new bags look cool. I love the look of one particular one but when I zoomed in on it on the NM site I realized it was covered with tiny scratch marks. The leather looks great and has the that natural "Coach Legacy Line" look but it was going to maybe be a mess when you see it in person and it accumulates the scratches. But I am almost tempted to get it and see what it's all about.

I was thinking that when I get near my Saks store, I'd make it a point to actually look and hold some of their new bags as they have definitely caught my attention for the first time in about 2 years or so! I like the looks of that one bag that Lexie mentioned, and after zooming in on it too, it reminded me of a Tano crunch leather, and those bags are only worth about $150 at most!

I really like the Carter in brick and the Meghan in brown caught my eye as a work bag/tote but I too noticed the scratchability (is too a word! lol) of the leather. Black would probably be better. The India is the first bag that caught my eye from this line and after reading Grace123's review I will for sure be getting one - once my current Botkier obsession eases, though. :nuts:

The Olive tote in black or luggage as well, though I too am not sure the leather can live up to the past. However, if it's at least as good as the leather on my purple Ellie (or any of the Ellies, really) I'd be happy.

Are they still holding as far as quality-to-price-point? Probably not, but I'll reserve judgment until I put my hands on them.

Last season's Alex was even less desirable than Tano. The leather was thinnner if you can imagine that. The Hadley seems to be thick because of the pleating and the distressing reminds me of the Ellie bags. I would love to see a Meghan and see if the scratches would bother me. Zoom in on the Elise and see the scratches...

http://shop.kooba.com/Elise/pd/np/119/p/96603.html

Oh My! :nuts: :wtf: Looks like my cat got after it!

I really like the Carter in brick and the Meghan in brown caught my eye as a work bag/tote but I too noticed the scratchability (is too a word! lol) of the leather. Black would probably be better. The India is the first bag that caught my eye from this line and after reading Grace123's review I will for sure be getting one - once my current Botkier obsession eases, though. :nuts:

The Olive tote in black or luggage as well, though I too am not sure the leather can live up to the past. However, if it's at least as good as the leather on my purple Ellie (or any of the Ellies, really) I'd be happy.

Are they still holding as far as quality-to-price-point? Probably not, but I'll reserve judgment until I put my hands on them.

I have to say that I do love this bag! It's so easy to carry and use, it's definitely going to stay with me..at least for now. LOL

That is what I was wondering, too.....Is Kooba actually making improvements. I don't know why I gravitate back to these bags, but I always keep looking, and it just seems this last season looked promissing.