Your thoughts on Python and Pony....

1. With the variety of new bag materials on the market, I was wondering what your thoughts on python and pony hair bags were....

I don't know, i think the python just scares me a bit, the pony hair, while it does look nice on some of the balenciagas (like the camel colored? first bags), I'm still not sure...

2. I adore the way Python looks, thumbs down for me on the pony hair though, I just don't get it.

3. Do they kill the ponies to get the pony hair? If so I have a problem with it.. I like ponies...

I guess they would have to kill them, that's so sad :sad:

4. i'm iffy on python - i prefer it in the more neutral colours like dark chocolate as opposed to the natural skin ( just a bit too "jungle-y" for me.) I just love pony though - particulalry in unusual colours.

5. form what I understand pony isn't pony as in the horse - it's just a cowskin with the hair still on it.

6. Swedie, you are so cute:lol: I don't think they have to kill the ponies to get their hair, probably a shave at most;)

Anyone has the pics for pony hair bags? I personally have no problem with Python bags, except for their prices:sad:

7. I think its the natural python which is wayyyy too much for me....like this "anaconda" bag by Ferragamo. I don't prefer the upclose and personal encounter with either anaconda:P

anaconda.jpeg
  8. Same here..
    I saw them too at the SF boutiques..it gives me the weird feeling when I touch it so I would rather pick the JC "Ramona" plus something other bag if I have to choose between a snake skin bag and regular leather he he..:P .

9. :lol: oh! Well then I'd say pony hair is a go!

Here's a pic of black pony hair:
    [​IMG]

10. I like python details, but a whole bag in python is a little much for me personally..

And I don't have a problem with pythons :P

11. I have a bonified phobia of snakes; so, I can't touch the skin - Period.

Pony hair - I don' consider it a durable material for a handbag so I would not own one for that reason, I too thought it was cow hide. ?

12. What is the pony hair from?????????I would not kill a pony for a bag, period! As for the python I think it's too scary for me.

13. Pony hair is actually cowhide--the "furry" part of the cow. They just call it "pony hair" because it sounds better in terms of marketing... I guess it sounds more exotic or something.

I'm not a big fan of snakes, so I don't like anything that even has snake print.... Python is actually illegal in CA, so I've never seen one....

14. I don't get why calling something "pony" hair makes it more marketable than "calf" hair. I don't think most people are very keen on the idea of butchering horses for accessories in this country.

That has always mystified me.

15. That's what I was thinking! no pony's are going to die for my purse, call it calf please :P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice