Your thoughts on Palermo PM & Trouville

PurpleBerry

May 21, 2008
Hi everyone!

I've been a reader of this forum for quite some time now and I found it really helpful. I finally decided to create an account to ask your opinion on two bags, the Palermo PM and Trouville.

I need a bag for daily use with moderate space to carry stuff and I'm hoping to avoid a bag that loses its shape easily (e.g. The neverfull I bought and ended up hating it for that reason).

Opinions would be appreciated :smile:

I don't have either bag but I think the Palermo PM is a better choice because it's more roomy than the trouville... I've also heard the handles on the trouville are a little shorter than the speedy making it less comfortable to carry on the crook of your arm than the speedy. I also love the shoulder strap on the palermo so you can carry it 2 different ways.. Good luck deciding!!

I have both. My white MC Trouville is prettier and get more compliments but its hard to take things in and out of it, the opening is quite stiff. Also hand carried bags are less practical in general.

The palermo is more serious looking and less fun. But its very functional. It may look a tad mature tho. But good for bringing to work.

go for the palermo..i have both but i use the palermo more often because of its roomy interior.it's practical and classy!!! pleassse post pics ok??:cloud9:

I had the Trouville and sold it because it was too small for me although it was very cute. I have the Palermo PM which is equivalent in size to a Cabas Piano. But the Palermo PM is unstructured and can slouch a bit which you may not like since you didn't like the Neverfull (love the Neverfull MM!). The Palermo PM holds a lot of stuff and it's nice that is has the detachable/adjustable shoulder strap besides having the hand straps. I would still recommend the Palermo over the Trouville. Good luck with your decision!

Love the multicolor trouville for it's appearance as well as being structured, but it only fits your essentials. On the other hand, the palermo is much more roomier as well as more comfortable to carry when you are shopping.

I had the Trouville and sold it because it was too small for me although it was very cute. I have the Palermo PM which is equivalent in size to a Cabas Piano. But the Palermo PM is unstructured and can slouch a bit which you may not like since you didn't like the Neverfull (love the Neverfull MM!). The Palermo PM holds a lot of stuff and it's nice that is has the detachable/adjustable shoulder strap besides having the hand straps. I would still recommend the Palermo over the Trouville. Good luck with your decision!

Is the Palermo PM as slouchy as the Neverfull MM? I just don't want to buy something that I might regret and have to sell off again later for being too slouchy.

And is the space inside the Trouville comparable to the Speedy 30? (the Speedy is my current daily bag and it has enough space for me to carry my essentials)

Thanks everyone!!!:heart: