Your Thoughts - Apple Green City

1. I need help / advice ...

What do you folks really think about the Apple Green City currently on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Authentic-Balenciaga-Apple-Green-City-Bag-RARE_W0QQitemZ6891797738QQihZ013QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know that in the other thread, folks mentioned that there is a fair amount of "wear & tear" that is visible. Given the price and with the Fall 2006 bags right around the corner, what do you think? Mind you, I just plunked down the 'ole C/C for the Cognac Weekender (30% off - woo hoo) at Joan Shepp too.

Seriously, I need your help ...

2. Hmm...I don't know. It is a gorgeous color, but those handles look pretty gnarly. Especially for over retail! :hrmm: And like you mentioned, F/W bags are right around the corner. I'm dying for an apple green, too, but I think I would rather spend it on a brand new bag for that BIN price, or at least one with less wear + tear.

Congrats on your Cognac, by the way! I picked up a black Weekender from Joan Shepp on sale, too! :roflmfao:

3. It depends on how badly you want an Apple bag...I would request some
    additional photos in outdoor daylight lighting (especially of the handles
    and corners) if it's too worn then I would definitely pass on it. Maybe put a bid in and see what happens (instead of BIN). I love the color myself and don't think you will regret buying it, even with the Fall colors right around the corner. I think the Apple will always be a classic. My big consideration would be the level of wear and tear....

4. ^^ I agree! Maybe put in a bid and see what happens.

5. I would wait, CeeJay, at least until that color cools down a bit. The handles would needs some work, too, and the starting bid is over retail. A bag is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you are looking forward to fall, maybe hold off. I think you'll be able to get a better deal.

6. I don't think it's that bad really (wear and tear). You've been wanting one since aaages so I'd say get it! Since the price was lowered I think it's a good deal :yes: but maybe just bid on it not BIN if you're not sure?

7. hey CeeJay - i know you've been wanting a Apple Green City for awhile now! i think the wear and tear is not too bad... i mean you can always clean it up once you get it! :amuse: As for the price - i reckon the hard to fine colours are always going to be OTT! I reckon you should get this bag!!! :love: actually, i think its a PF member... i could be wrong though.
    Good luck!

8. CeeJay, the price is not that bad, almost like retail + tax, especially considering crazy bbag prices lately. And the slight darkening on the handles I don't really mind. It's not as bad as others I've seen, and it's only on the bottom of the handles. If I've been searching for one forever like you, I would jump on it... Good luck CeeJay!!

9. CeeJay - I would pass on that the applegreen too. I think for a little more, you could probably get one in excellent condition without showing as much wear. I know how long you've been wanting one, but I wonder if one in such a condition would really satisfy you too.

Good luck either way. If you don't think another one will come your way, I would jump on it!

10. I don't think the price is bad. It is a rare bag that doesn't come up often at all. I'm surprised no one grabbed it yet.

11. ceejay, the seller is a PFer. ask for additional pics. she's very sweet.

12. ^^:yes: ITA...It's a rare bag and so many people looking for this color. I'd grab it! You can always sell it if you find a better one.

13. someone bought it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice