Your style inspirations?

jroos

Jul 19, 2007
I am not sure if I am in the correct forum, but I think I am. I am apologizing in advance if I am not. Anyways, Who or what are your style inspirations?? I love this question because people get inspired by the most interesting things and of course because I am obsessed with style.

Ok, my answer is slightly embarrassing...

I used to be a nanny so I just got in the habit of watching all these dumb kids shows. Anyway, I love the way they style the characters on the show KyleXY. The girl that plays Laurie usually wears: designer jeans, a flowy top and a little blazer with lots of funky acessories. Ilove the way they do her hair and makeup too. :shame:

kylexy18.jpg

I also get a lot of ideas from Lucky Magazine...

i get inspiration from celebrities, i love the boho look of Nicole Richie and Kate Moss, but also love the polished look of Jennifer Lopez. I never directly copy a celeb, but i take their ideas and create my own look.

There are some good vintage shops here in Leeds, so i look to them for inspiration, and just looking through magazines gets my mind ticking on new styles too!

It's very important to know what suits you as well, i love Kate Moss and Nicole Richie's looks, but i've got boobs and hips! so i know i have to put my own twist on the look to make it flatter me!

my outfit ideas usually come from magazines, catalogs, television...basically anything i see that catches my eye. celebrities are a big inspiration for me too. some of my favorites are cate blanchett, kate bosworth, kate moss (kates are very stylish!), ashley olsen, jennifer aniston, and rachel bilson. i absolutely love the way they dress...or how their stylists dresses them!

I love love love SJP! I have some Pierrot knitted arm warmers of hers (weird yes I know) that I bought at the Sex & The City Wardrobe sale in '04.

Also, Trinny & Susannah, the irritating but right stylistas in the UK who know how to dress women according to their shape. As a shallow hourglass, I know what shapes do and don't suit me.

Italian designers Alberta Ferretti, Valentino and Prada also heavily influence what I apsire to.

Attachments

• Carrie Spotty dress.jpg
    Carrie Spotty dress.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Carrie Dress.jpg
    Carrie Dress.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Carrie Furcoat.jpg
    Carrie Furcoat.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 45