Your significant other.....

No...I just give him the price before tax and shipping (if applicable). I like to keep things under a certain amount (preferably under the next $100 increment)...for example my Damier speedy...it was nicer for him to hear $675 than over $700 after taxes.

I thought I had fooled my hubby for the longest time (I even told him I got LVs on sale a few times?!:amuse:) but, I now know otherwise! We recently went to the handbag dept. in Saks, I had the shock of my life, :wtf: he knew exactly what the average retail price of most of the designers!...so, that means he knows how much each of my handbags in my collection cost! :Push: He never complained or said a word to me, about spending so much on the handbags! I think he knew I was shocked, he just gave me a kiss and said "as long as you are happy honey".:love:

Man I need an allowance after hearing about all the folks who get one...how do I bring that subject up?????? Little allowance could mean another LV...not sure if the allowance thing would fly in my house...may try...but, not sure he would agree...what do you say to get one?? I buy all my own stuff...man I need to be spoiled just a little...

Well, before my hubby and I got married it was decided he would pay all of the the bills and the money I made at work would be mine to do with as I please. This is the same deal I had with my first husband. This is how my parents did it and it was wonderful! Now that I am not working (SAHM) my husband "pays me" an allowance (I get the same amount of money I made while I was working) so I don't have to answer to him or to the bank account or Amex when I want to buy something. It seriously stops any fights! Just ask!?!

I thought I had fooled my hubby for the longest time (I even told him I got LVs on sale a few times?!:amuse:) but, I now know otherwise! We recently went to the handbag dept. in Saks, I had the shock of my life, :wtf: he knew exactly what the average retail price of most of the designers!...so, that means he knows how much each of my handbags in my collection cost! :Push: He never complained or said a word to me, about spending so much on the handbags! I think he knew I was shocked, he just gave me a kiss and said "as long as you are happy honey".:love:

See... now that's a GOOD man in my book! :yes:

I try to hide my new purchases from my fiancee, but when he discovers them, I just shave like two or three hundred dollars off of the price. When I tell my mother, I do the same thing, but I always forget what I told her, so he always catches me lying about it anyway. He'd rather not know, which is fine with me anyway! I know he does the same thing when he tells me how much his racing car parts cost!

I handle all the bills and I make sure we don't carry any debt. That said, my husband has gotten to the point where he says he doesn't want to know (though he does buy me bags so has a good idea). He basicallly has said "you handle the finances, you know what you can spend".

My BF knows about my obsession with LV and he knows they're expensive but I don't think he realizes JUST how expensive they are. For instance, I told him for my 40th birthday (a year from this Dec.) I was going to treat myself to a MC white speedy, then he said 'let me pay for 1/2', I'm like, 'ummmm...I don't think you want to do that!!!' ;) I can't imagin asking him for $900 for a bag! But it's great because we both take care of our own bills and he doesn't care what I spend my money on, he always says it's my money and I can do whatever I want with it. I don't complain about how much he spends on his toys either so it works out great!! :smile:

I thought I had fooled my hubby for the longest time (I even told him I got LVs on sale a few times?!:amuse:)

:lol: :roflmfao: I should pull that one on my husband next time. He is absolutely clueless. He never asks how much my bags are - love him for that! :heart: I guess he expects me to be responsible and I make my own money. But I always wonder how he feels if he finds out the total cost of my bags ... I don't even want to go there myself :sweatdrop: ...

I don't have a significant other..... but my dad knows everything and he goes to the store with me sometimes too. Whenever I tell him I like this bag or want this item, he just rolls his eyes.... but it's all MY OWN MONEY so he doesn't have a say on what I can or cannot spend it on. :biggrin:

My boyfriend winced when I told him my groom agenda was $300.

$300 for that tiny thing?! are you nuts?!

Then he said you should have just shelled out $300 more and bought a bag....so at least he is SORT of coming around ;)