Your Real vs Her fake...

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Stealing this from Chanel forum *uhhh oooo* :shame:

I thought it's a great thread to see how Balenciaga gals reacts in this situation; when you are carrying your authentic bag and see her with the fakes and SHE is the one that gives you attitude!

I too have experienced this countless time and although now it does not bother me anymore, it used to annoy me so much!

The one I always remember though is one time, in a lift at work, I was carrying my city, and this Asian girl (I am also Asian) came in and straight away glanced at my bag..

She then remarked: Oh wauww! We have the same bag!...:wtf: :sweatdrop:

:roflmfao::roflmfao: It's pretty insulting since I know hers is fake! However the audacity and spontaneous combustion of her is just priceless!!!

I was so tempted to be a bitc*h and say: No dear, yours is fake! :P

Please share your story and thoughts! :heart:

I was so tempted to be a bitc*h and say: No dear, yours is fake! :P

:roflmfao: I feel you aki.

A couple of months ago, I was out for Friday night drinks with my VG First and some friends, when one of my best guy friend's girl joined us carrying her white bal fakey. And since I know her fairly well, I refrained from making any unpleasant comment.

Well that is, until an acquaintance of ours grabbed both our bags and exclaimed "oh you two have the same bag sorta bag!" :cursing: Thank goodness for the well trained SO who was too intoxicated to be PC said, " hers doesn't look right" :sweatdrop:

:roflmfao: I feel you aki.

A couple of months ago, I was out for Friday night drinks with my VG First and some friends, when one of my best guy friend's girl joined us carrying her white bal fakey. And since I know her fairly well, I refrained from making any unpleasant comment.

Well that is, until an acquaintance of ours grabbed both our bags and exclaimed "oh you two have the same bag sorta bag!" :cursing: Thank goodness for the well trained SO who was too intoxicated to be PC said, " hers doesn't look right" :sweatdrop:

Jzlyn, SWEETTTT!!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao:
Thumbs up to your SO!!!:lol:
You trained him well gal! :lol:

Yikes! I feel for you Aki.. some of you know of my dilemma when youngest DD bought me a fakey Money wallet for Christmas..It is hard to tell when and when NOT to point out the truth..

I've been out when someone told be what corner they bought their bag on and asked where I got mine since it was a really good copy. I said BalNY... its REAL!

haha... that was it. It didn't upset me. People are just naive. I doubt the person even knew what Balenciaga was.

LMAO, this thread is so funny! I have to admit tho, I still get MAD when someone assumes mine is fake or when I see fake ones.

When I was at a rental car place last year, and the woman at the front desk was gushing about my white WE, she said she saw one "exactly" like it in a stall downtown, and did I buy it there :yucky: She said she MUST go back and get one and wondered if $150 was too much to pay for a bag...

It was raining so hard that day and I was in a panic about getting my WE wet, I asked her if she had a plastic bag to put my WE in. Boy, was she confused! Why would you want to put your bag in a plastic bag? I very calmly said:

Because This Balenciaga bag cost me $1500 not $150. It would break my heart to see it ruined. I guess that is the down-side of owning an authentic bag.

Yup tried that too.

After a lecture at college on of my fellow students pass by my laptop and take a glacne at my homescreen (it is a picture of some of my bbags :jammin:). Then she ask me "why do you have bags on you screen?" like I'm some kind moron.:rolleyes: I reply that they are my favorites and that I love bags. Then this girl has the nerve to say that she'd had the same exact same bag but it got broken and that she threw it out and that she had bought in NY at the street corner for a ridiculous low amount of $. :hysteric: I wanted to scream HELL NO WE DON'T HAVE THE SAME BAG AT ALL!:cursing: Fortunatly another fellow student had heard the conversation and pointed out that mine was a very expensive designerbag.

The worst part was almost that she seemed kind of proud that hers had been so much cheaper than mine. Actually I think I meet that attitude a lot, people are like "you're such an idiot to pay that much when you can get it for like $20".... it really bug me!!!!

well not that I have ever experienced such a thing, where I live I rarley ever see any bbag - be it real or fake, but I think I would always be careful in being condescending because I will always think maybe the person is just naive and does not know hers is a fake, why should I be rude then to her?

I bought a fake bbag once too without knowing it (at that time I only did love the bbag style but was not familar how to spot a fake) and paid 500 dollars for it on ebay :Push:
not every women that wears a fake bbag is automatically knowing she does, so I would never say something rude or condescending!

Sorry, no interesting stories to share....although I feel for you gals I really don´t care, and I would never be unpolite to a person carrying a fake bag....they might not know what brand it is or bought it thinking it was real!

Kat

i see alot of fakes in nyc streets....got used to the scene.
but i do feel bit annoyed when the person carried the fake bag and starred at my real bag and tried to compare....i was like...what's wrong w/ you woman??!!:hysteric:
i am also learning try not the star at bbags when i see one....:P

I took my Emerald City to jury duty and ended up sitting next to this woman who recognized it and asked me if it was real. I said yes, it was, and she said she had a Balenciaga too but that hers was a fake one she'd been scammed into on eBay. I was polite and asked about what colour it was and all that, and she told me she was setting aside $100 a month to buy a real one from Barneys, and that seeing mine in person made her want to save up even more diligently.

lovely64 and Pinkisweets, I agree. I might be rude to someone who knew her bag was fake and gave me crap for spending money on the real deal, but I would never be rude to someone with a fake unless they were giving me a reason to. I think that a lot of women either genuinely think their bag is authentic or don't even know what Balenciaga is and just bought it because they liked the style.

^Yep, I agree. Some people buy fako bal bags because they like the design, but they don't know it's a bal rip-off at all. After all, it's not a logo-screaming bag.:smile:
But i think in a way, that's a compliment, when bag designs can stand on their own merit.

omg, i went to the los angeles garment district yesterday looking for a belt to put my new wonderwoman beltbuckle on. anyways, i was suprised (maybe i shouldn't have been) to see gh bbags. they were horrendous. really. even my mother said they looked nothing like mine. i truly hope they don't sell.

ps-one vendor had a pic of celebrities holding certain purses next to the knockoff versions. i was shocked.