Your pet peeve misspellings?

could of/should of instead of could have or should have

i think this happens because people write it the way they say it. could've and should've sound like 'could of' and 'should of'. it drives me nuts too

i used to be a student teacher at an uber-ghetto high school, and i taught English. it was funny reading the kids' essays because they wrote exactly the way they spoke

and there's someone on this forum who writes Daimer instead of Damier. it's been driving me insane the last few days :cursing:

oh this is something i just remembered, but it's LV-related only

i can't stand the various misspellings of the new Miroir line. miroir is French for mirror, as a lot of people on the LV forum have been spelling it as mirrior, mirroir, mirior and it makes me want to bellow, "IT'S MIROIR, DAMN IT!!!!!"

This time, it's personal! My first name gets misspelled (and mispronounced) ALL THE TIME. It's not a weird name. It's just not a super common name. A few celebs have had it over the years, however.

It's only one letter away from being a very common name, and people assume it's the common one. I always gently correct people the first time and they usually remember. But some still get it wrong and arrrrgggh it pisses me off! &*@$%^*

It's not a misspelling but I can't stand it when people completely neglect to use any and all punctuation they just type like it's stream of consciousness it confuses me and i end up just skipping the post altogether I'm not sure if it's laziness or if it's just someone's posting style either way it KILLS me

I love this thread too! I don't mind the occasional mis TYPED word here and there but wow sometimes I can't believe what I read.

My all time "unblievable anybody thinks this is a word" is:

bidded

huh? bidded - really? you bidded on that - they haven't bidded on it yet.

I post on a few ebay forums and you'd be surprised how often this word is used.

I see and just cringe. WHERE did this person go to school?

I do take into consideration that their first language may not be English. But when it is, wow - bidded?

Ok I got that off my chest

Brought instead of bought. E.g. Typing "I brought a new bag." when she actually meant "I bought a new bag." :lecture:

This one is probably personal but I hate it when people spell or pronounce my middle name as Isabella. It's Isabelle.