Your pet peeve misspellings?

Heehee. Ekcetera.

I see "definately" a lot too.

OK, this thread was not meant to be "hard core" or make anyone feel stupid...as I stated in my first post, it's all in good fun!! Just as you have pet peeves in real life, when you're online it's the same thing...only it's what you see onscreen. And when you see the same misspellings over and over again, it starts to irk you! That's all! :shrugs: :P

Louie Vittin= Louis Vuitton

Pegasus= Pegase

Cherises- Cerises

"The brown ones"- Monogram Canvas Bags

"Rainbow bag", "Murakami Bag" or "Jessica Simpson bag"- Monogram Multicolore bags

*huffs* You stole my answer!

To add to that: when someone says how much they love Louis Vuitton and they say, "I love him! I love his work!" You just want to strangle them and say, "Louis Vuitton is a fashion house! You can't love the person, because the person is dead! You could say you love the designer who currently designs for the house, though.

(And for the life of me I forgot who that is!)

Ok - I'm guilty of the pochette accessories vs. pochette accessoires. Oh well..I'm not on eluxury all day.

My pet peeve is like everyone elses: their/there/they're and your, you're

My pronunciation pet peeve is : "sherbet" prounounced "sherbert". Bugs me...

EXCEPT and ACCEPT . Hello ?

Also , while not a spelling error , overuse of the word "like" (especially in written sentences ) drives me batty !

^ I just read the above post and I swear I was not referring to you ! Total coincidence .

I thought of another ! CONSCIENCE vs . CONSCENCE or other random ways people spell it .

BTW , I do the alot thing a lot ...ehh , oh well !

I can't stand it when people short down the words they write to the extreme, for example
cuz instead of because or in worst case - 'cause. That especially annoys me when people are native english speakers and should know better.
Genereally I don't really notice spelling errors, but I notice the whole, so if the writer has taken "shortcuts", I find it really uncomfortable to read no matter how much knowledge the writer has and shares.

I think the thing about shortcuts is that it's usually a generational thing. Young people (under 20?) seem to like typing with upper-case and lower-case all mixed up, with weird short-hand versions of words: "hEy AzN QTee, i'M HeLLa rEaDy 2 pArTeEeEeE!!!" Seeing that makes me feel like having a seizure, it's so chaotic looking!

sweetlove said:
Genereally I don't really notice spelling errors, but I notice the whole, so if the writer has taken "shortcuts", I find it really uncomfortable to read no matter how much knowledge the writer has and shares.

and there's your spelling error :lol:!

i have a few more to add:

by instead of buy - i've seen many people on this forum do that and it irritates me :mad:.

pass instead of past - someone on this forum had an email sent to her with the words 'walk pass'. and i've seen this mistake many many times too:hysteric:

I know that this is the fault of no-one here, and i really hope I don't offend anyone (as that is not my intention).

But my main gripe:hysteric: , is that because I am English, we are constantly having more and more influences from the American language through television, media etc. This is not a bad thing as American TV is GREAT (esp. LOST!!), but what really gets to me is the use of American words and grammar structure, for example, "I've gotten something" instead of "I got something".

But as I said, this is more the error of stupid english teenagers (too many at my school), and I want to emphasise, that I really dont want to offend anyone:shame: :s , after all, I personally see American english and British english as two different languages.