Your pet peeve misspellings?

I dont like seeing the word "loose" instead of lose. "Im afraid Im going to loose my mind"

However with that being said, I always take into consideration if it is a second language to the person who is mispelling. If it is, hat's off to them, its not easy to master two languages perfectly. If not, shame shame!:wlae:

This is a grammar error not a spelling error but...I used to enjoy dating the occassional, how can I put this, "big and stupid" type---construction worker, biker, whatever (I called it "slumming" but I had a rockin good time)...anyway, I'll never forget the day I decided I had to do better: my then "boyfriend" announced that he had "brung" his kid to the store or something like that.
"brung"?
"BRUNG"????

my mother would be so ashamed.....she raised me better than that....

And how could I forget the infamous adding of the extra syllable:
nucular (thank you Dubya)

You know what's weird? I've actually heard a lot of people who say nucular..I have some friends and a couple of my professors who are also from Texas and they say it that way.
One day I asked my friends if they knew he said it that way too and they went :shrugs:

Ooh and another one I don't like..when people say "Soso" Security instead of SOCIAL security. I've heard it a few times and ugh. :cursing:

Ok, here's a Jersey thing. How many times did your teacher have to tell you that "youse" is NOT a word? LOL. "Hey, where are youse guys going?" "did youse go to the mall?" LOL Its mostly in pronunciation, as most wont write it.

I know other areas say "Y'all" but we say youse guys! LOL

This is a grammar error not a spelling error but...I used to enjoy dating the occassional, how can I put this, "big and stupid" type---construction worker, biker, whatever (I called it "slumming" but I had a rockin good time)...anyway, I'll never forget the day I decided I had to do better: my then "boyfriend" announced that he had "brung" his kid to the store or something like that.
"brung"?
"BRUNG"????

my mother would be so ashamed.....she raised me better than that....

Sorry, I remembered incorrectly, or "disremembered" as we here in the South like to say: he TOOKEN his kid to the store...and BRUNG his dog along for the ride . And while he was at the store he SEEN some nice workboots. "THEM are neat" as he recalled. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

The misuse of your/you're and to/too/two
Lose vs. LOOSE...c'mon, people!!
Definately...is definitely not spelled that way!

The worst is when someone writes "you" when they meant "your," as in "how do you like you new shoes?"

arrrgh!

I'm in no way a wonderful speller (but I do try!) and my pet peeves are:

1. Awe instead of "aw". Don't people understand the meaning of 'awe'?!?!
2. Seperate instead of separate. I never knew how to spell it until I read 'A Separate Peace'. :smile:
3. Their, they're, there mixups
4. Your, you're mixups

...can't think of any others, lol

This thread freaks me out....like Star I guess Im stupid...sorry if my spelling has sucked in my last 2,000 posts...eeeekkkk!!! I always knew the PF gals were hard core...but come on!!!! :sad: I guess I will start SP checking every post...(no I won't...) :smile: