Your opinions would really help!

pereisu

O.G.
Oct 5, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a single flap Jumbo in Silver HW from the preloved market. As many of you know, Chanel changed the CC turnlock in 2008-2009 IMG_1488973175.904717.jpgIMG_1488973199.361063.jpgand went from the flat CCs to the more rounded CCs that we see in current double flap Jumbos. There are single flaps in the preloved market that have flat CCs and some that have the thinner rounded CCs. I am just wondering which ones you all prefer. I would love to know. Is the resale value higher or lower for the flat CCs? I have inserted pictures of both.

Thank you in advance!

I love both. Older ones have charm and a certain chic factor, but I prefer (for other reasons) to buy more recent bags.

Thank you for your feedback! What are some of the reasons you prefer the recent bags?

There are very few aesthetic differences between the single and double flap jumbos of after 2008. Mainly the flat versus rounded CCs. I am looking at 2 of them now with this being the difference. I just cant decide. [emoji848]

So... I'm probably no help on this... I like the skinny vs flat based on the very specific color and look of the particular bag - whatever I think goes well with the style/color and the "look & feel" that it portrays... YUP i'm nuts :nuts:

Seen attached, dark silver caviar is the "skinny" CCs.

I don't think I would change any of the flat vs. round wider vs. skinnier CCS on my bags here. Also chanel makes the flatter CC even on some current season pieces. The pink chevron i'm showing in the photo is from 17C and it's not the skinny CCs, but I think it goes so well with the vibe and color of the little bag that I think the skinny CC would not do as well :smile: I like the variety.. I mean, how else do I "justify" to my DH on the many new bags that I "need"? "but hon.. look at the turnlock!!! have you seen this on any of my Chanel bags?! who know if they're going to do this again anytime soon or ever? I need this one." - sound familiar? :yes:

In fact (and many Chanel fans are going to cringe on this comment! :P) I think I like the CC lock on those totally different seasonal ones like the one on my caviar messenger bag shown below! I love the different intricate details that Chanel took the time to make and while I do appreciate the classics (it's classic for a very very good reason), I would be bored if that is all I've got and I don't have my fun/quirky pieces... life's too short my friends and I am too chicken to climb mountains or sky dive so I enjoy fun Chanel pieces :lol:
20150907_133036_resized.jpg PearlyPinkFront.jpg Pinkie2front.jpg 20150627_171345_resized.jpg

Reactions: pereisu
So... I'm probably no help on this... I like the skinny vs flat based on the very specific color and look of the particular bag - whatever I think goes well with the style/color and the "look & feel" that it portrays... YUP i'm nuts :nuts:

Seen attached, dark silver caviar is the "skinny" CCs.

I don't think I would change any of the flat vs. round wider vs. skinnier CCS on my bags here. Also chanel makes the flatter CC even on some current season pieces. The pink chevron i'm showing in the photo is from 17C and it's not the skinny CCs, but I think it goes so well with the vibe and color of the little bag that I think the skinny CC would not do as well :smile: I like the variety.. I mean, how else do I "justify" to my DH on the many new bags that I "need"? "but hon.. look at the turnlock!!! have you seen this on any of my Chanel bags?! who know if they're going to do this again anytime soon or ever? I need this one." - sound familiar? :yes:

In fact (and many Chanel fans are going to cringe on this comment! :P) I think I like the CC lock on those totally different seasonal ones like the one on my caviar messenger bag shown below! I love the different intricate details that Chanel took the time to make and while I do appreciate the classics (it's classic for a very very good reason), I would be bored if that is all I've got and I don't have my fun/quirky pieces... life's too short my friends and I am too chicken to climb mountains or sky dive so I enjoy fun Chanel pieces :lol:
View attachment 3627599 View attachment 3627600 View attachment 3627601 View attachment 3627602

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

I go back and forth on this. I think that perhaps the thinner/rounder CCs are more in line with what is identified in current times as the "Classic Chanel Jumbo". But since I specifically want a single flap then the flatter CCs totally make sense....on the other hand I am not looking for a "vintage look" either.....see I'm a bit crazy! I have found a mint condition flat CC single flap black caviar with SH, complete package, card, box, dust bag..... so maybe I should not let a relatively insignificant detail sway me from what could be a perfect bag! Right? ;0)

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

I go back and forth on this. I think that perhaps the thinner/rounder CCs are more in line with what is identified in current times as the "Classic Chanel Jumbo". But since I specifically want a single flap then the flatter CCs totally make sense....on the other hand I am not looking for a "vintage look" either.....see I'm a bit crazy! I have found a mint condition flat CC single flap black caviar with SH, complete package, card, box, dust bag..... so maybe I should not let a relatively insignificant detail sway me from what could be a perfect bag! Right? ;0)
:yes: