Your opinion, please

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,
    I’d like to see your opinion. I am considering buy one pre-loved medium Marcie (with shoulder strip) in tan, it was brought by the current owner back in Apr. 2011 from Chloe boutique but never been used. My question is, shall I give it a go? Considering below factors?

- When was the medium Marcie with strip released?

- Current owner brought it from Chloe boutique, authenticity card and dust bag still available (chloe boutique stamp is on the back of the card) but no receipt. I heard people say only both of receipt and authenticity card available then Chloe boutique will handle, in case of repair.

- In the country where I live (Asia), sales will not begin till mid-June, what is the chance to find medium Marcie in Tan with strip in sales event? ( We have very limited consignment store which has Chloe, boutique is better option here.) Shall I wait for sales :graucho:

- Currently she is asking about 45% of the local retail full price and not willing to go any lower as it never used. I would take it if she still has the boutique receipt, make the complete set.

If the sales in boutique is 30%, then it make a difference, if the sales is 40% in boutique, I rather get new one. I mean though it never used, it is a bag from 2011, three years ago and I think she brought during sale as well.

What do you all think?

2. That's a hard decision. My personal thing about Chloe or any other brands is that I try to buy a color that I love which is "not a regular" color you can get all year round. Regular colors due to their availability are easily accessible and harder to sell in the re-sell market.

However, for a "special" color there will always be buyers who will pay TOP dollar for them b/c they are hard to come by in good to excellent condition.

If I were you, I'd wait until the sale in Asia and see what comes up, tan or another good color, then decide if you want to purchase brand new or through a reseller. That is of course if you're not in a hurry.

3. I agree, go with the color you love and you will wear a lot. a lot of great deals appear on eBay and other resellers, just make sure you authenticate it first. Don't buy just because it's a good deal now.

4. Thank you all, the owner actually took it to local Chloe boutique for some maintainence and took some pics from the boutique, she is a chloe VIP, so I think it is real, but I do found one issue with this bag, I will have it decribed in another thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice